Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

for those like me that are in this comunity for a year or more its noticeable how new members are "cloning"all time icons from here,I mean come on even the pic poses are exactly the same,same style,same clothes etc…wheres originality?

posted over 2 years ago
FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

Some people just care about recognition and worry that if they “do their own thing” then they will not be welcomed as greatly. I personally do copy poses that are in the style gallery simply because when it comes to posing, I am clueless! I am not a professional model and tend not to photograph well. Seeing what “works” helps me when I am posing for my chicblog. I take inspiration from a few chictopians- La Vagabond Dame, Stellapnp, Briar rose and Wunderlust but make the looks my own. It’s always nice to do things differently.

posted over 2 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yes,I agree about what you say,I was talkin about a little more than just inspiration,when you take a look at some blogs and say to yourself wait a moment ive seen this before….

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I am like you FashionTrend! If I am inspired by something or someone I want to try the same thing or at least something similar! I’m not going to exclude maxi skirts from my wardrobe just because everyone else is wearing them! I am on Chictopia and other blogger platforms both to promote my own blog and to get inspiration. I’m not going to copy everything from one outfit or one blogger, but I definitely value their styles and have no problem “copying” some of their styles. After all, styling is about your own personal preferences and whether they are similar to someone else’s or not shouldn’t matter. Wear what you like!

posted over 2 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

catiebeatty; I think you didnt read well what i wrote

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION