Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Mitzeee
Style_council
Mitzeee

does anyone else think they are wrong and unadvertising ?

posted almost 3 years ago
willowmillie
Style_council
willowmillie

yes, you’re not the only one.

GrazingFashion
Style_council
GrazingFashion

The main point of an ad campaign is for people to hear about the company and to market their brand. Right now it’s working pretty well since you created a forum topic about the brand’s campaign. It’s simply marketing and creating a buzz. It doesn’t matter how controversial the ad is (actually, ad campaigns now a days are trying to be as controversial as they could possibly be) because at the end of the day, the main goal of marketing a brand is for people to talk about it.

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

People talking about it=/=people buying their products.
I can talk and talk and talk about AA but never buy anything. The point of an advert is to make you talk, yes, but also to make you check out the store and to buy. If the advert is as poorly made as AA adverts usually are, I won’t buy anything from the store. A girl half naked isn’t enticing, in fact, it draws me away from the store.

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I like AA’s honesty. They are like “Yes, we are using sex appeal to sell clothes.” They are way more upfront about it than most companies. No one ever complains about the D&G ads that look like everyone just came from an orgy. Check out these other “sexy” ads http://www.cracked.com/article/229_12-sexy-ads-that-will-give-you-nightmares/
Everyone uses sex to sell things. It’s not new and wouldn’t be such a problem if Americans weren’t so ashamed of sex. Not surprising that the people who are offended are Americans! It’s apparent that you are not familiar with European fashion magazines where seeing nudity and breasts is quite common.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

WOW on one of the side ads I just saw was a freaking NAKED girl. Technically wearing ‘undergarments’, but they were reaaaaally sheer.

it’s not even sexy, it’s just really awkward. most of the time the clothes are so unflattering it reinforces why I don’t ever shop there. Like I’d want a paper-thin bra that lets everything sag.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION