Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TheLoulette
Style_council
TheLoulette

I was just wondering, has anyone else noticed how little kids don’t dress like kids anymore? I find it especially worrisome in the girls. They look like miniature 18-25 year olds in their child-sized adult-looking clothes and sunglasses and baby make-up. So I just wanna know, am I being over-sensitive, or does anyone else think it’s weird that our little girls are being exposed at younger and younger ages to the pressures of adult fashion and beauty standards?

posted almost 2 years ago
patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yes.its true and very weird,and i also saw pre teens dressed semi-slutty (by her moms obviously)like very tight pants with high boots and so….

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I find it very strange too. It’s so hard to keep at bay though because of media and technology. I mean, children at age 6 and 7 have cell phones and iPads. I’ve heard the talk about the fashion dolls that girls play with too. I think they are called Monster High dolls? They dress in fishnet stockings and wear mini skirts and then obviously the little girls who play with them want to dress like the dolls. It is a little too extreme in my opinion.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION