Style_council
thatsstellar

Mine is socks and sandals!

posted about 3 years ago
1 2 4 6
Sanguine
Style_council
Sanguine

I’d have to go baggy sweats or if you’re wearing skintight leggings and a shirt and your thigh is thicker around than I am. I know lots of cute overweight girls that can pull off all sorts of trendy styles but if there are more rolls on your but than on a pug’s face, please leave the leggings at home, or at least put some shorts on over them.

posted almost 3 years ago

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

When it’s freezing outside and people wear jackets and scarfs but flip flops.
I don’t get it! If you’re cold then dress warm but not half and half

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

@simplypayton I so agree with you! I hate when girls do that, I mean come on even if you don’t think so people do judge you by the way you’re dressed. I always put effort into my outfit, I mean some people might not like my style and think I look worse then those girls but at least I know I took time and look good, I feel more confident and even more awake when I do that.

My grandpa (RIP) always said “who ever said beauty is on the inside is stupid”
Sure people are beautiful on he inside but no one will want to be with you and get to know your beauty if you look like crap.

FefedaChicChick
Style_council
FefedaChicChick

Ugh! I agree with everybody! Creepers might be the ugliest things (notice I didn’t call them shoes) alive. Who doesn’t know socks and sandals don’t go together? The point of sandals are to expose your toes stupid! But I hate people who expose their toes and all of it’s fungus, just as much. Clothes that are way too tight or way too big give the same effect- sloppyness. I hate that messy i-didn’t-shower-before-i-came-to-class-look thats so popular in college. Leggings aren’t pants, true. But footless tights aren’t leggings. If they’re sheer like stockings, where them that way! My biggest fashion pet peeve is when obviously unfashionable people try to throw a fashion rule at you. Like, “you’re wearing white after labor day?” or “those look like stripper shoes!”. I love giving them my snobby fashionista comment- “people who are really into fashion know that we don’t use those old rules anymore”. lol.

jasmine19
Style_council
jasmine19

I agree socks and sandals are ridiculous! I hate when people wear pajamas with hoodies to college. It is just sloppy looking! I always wonder if they showered and put their pajamas back on or if they just roll out of bed and left their house! eek

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Oh, and boring city-town suburbs.

posted over 2 years ago

byWoodsandWater
Style_council
byWoodsandWater

I agree, pajamas!

posted over 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

High waisted jeans. I’m sorry but I just don’t think mom jeans look good on anyone!

posted over 2 years ago

bellekelle
Style_council
bellekelle

I’m suprised at the amount of anti-heels-and-socks people thre are! I personally don’t think I could pull it off, but here on Chictopia I have seen some amazing outfits with the socks-and-heels thing!

My thing which I’ve noticed more in Canada than the UK (not saying UK is better, it’s just something I noticed more). Is the uggs + sweats/pyjamas as okay things to wear outside of the house. Especially those uggs that have been eaten by salt!

Oh an leggings when used as a trouser replacement. Not cool.

But, as someone said earlier, the fact that there are these variations makes fashion what it is. This website would be boring without it!

posted over 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

those uggs boots are as bad as it gets.
I used to think crocs were the worst it could ever get until uggs came along.

Here is the fashion I hate above and beyond all – seeing men walk around with their pants falling off. The other day it was so bad I saw this guy and the belt line of his pants was around his knees. He was just walking with his friends like nothing was happening. I work with this one guy and you can tell when it is lunch time for him cause instead of pulling his pants all the way up to the bottom of his butt, they sag to mid-thigh.

Why wear pants at all if they are not gonna cover the backside?

posted over 2 years ago

mollyxo
New_user mollyxo is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When mollyxo reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
mollyxo

tucking your trousers into your socks, eughhqwertyuiop…. no.

posted over 2 years ago

Unsocialite
Style_council
Unsocialite

I absolutely abhor the homeless “chic” style. Piling on layers of baggy clothing not only makes you look like some OCD hoarder, but it does absolutely nothing for your figure.

posted over 2 years ago

vintageobsession
Style_council
vintageobses...

Ill fitting clothes. It’s called trying something on IN YOUR SIZE.

posted over 2 years ago

InSearchofFashion
Style_council
InSearchofFa...

Whooo, my biggest pet peeve to date would have to be seeing females wear leggings or ankle length tights that don’t go into their boot or shoe. That big gap of skin between where your leggings/tights end and your shoe begins can REALLY ruin a look.

posted over 2 years ago

dan88
Style_council
dan88

I just saw someone in PJ’s in a store again,but I no one to talk,as I wear socks and sandals in public sometime!

posted over 2 years ago

wendyz
New_user wendyz is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When wendyz reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
wendyz

People who are lazy dressed by that i mean sweat pants, slippers, sandals with socks, pj’s. Getting dressed doesn’t take tons of time, sure jeans are cold but it is worth the effort…….

posted over 2 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i hate seeing people smoking in their fashion pictures. sure go ahead it’s you’re life but that’s how all these companies got started marketing to young people in the first place, by how “cool” it seems

posted over 2 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

People wearing clothes that aren’t even close to their size is my biggest fashion pet peeve. I’ve got a lot of items that bug me but that one seems pretty simple. I figure most people have the opportunity to buy something close to their size.

posted over 2 years ago

emmasworld
New_user emmasworld is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When emmasworld reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
emmasworld

Oh god…too many! Leggings with a short top…please no more! Sweatpants with writing on the ass…not cool. Socks and sandals are just no…why does this still happen? Crocs, Uggs…just hideous. Crocs are only okay for hospital workers!

Im not sure why so many people don’t like knee highs with heels? Some people just cant pull off the socks period, but done right, its hot!

posted over 2 years ago

kianalovesfashion98
Style_council
kianalovesfa...

when girls weaar leggings with a t shirt. like really? wear somthing cute with your leggings. and girls that wear booty shorts with yuur butt cheeks hanging out. nd i hate when yuuh can see peoples panty lines. ugh !. nd when girls one daay dress girly and fancy . and then the next they dress like a boy, cargoes, sagging, and the socks and sandals ugh!

posted over 2 years ago

4fs4ever
Style_council
4fs4ever

I love socks and sandals!!!

Hate….panty lines!! People who wear things so tight you see everything. Less is more….And too much pink combined with diamantes and fake tan!!! :p

Ooooh and CROCS and Uggs

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

oh theres a lot! people who feel the need to show too much cleavage, uggs with shorts… or with anything for that matter, and leather leggings…

posted over 2 years ago

TheDashingDiaries
Style_council
TheDashingDi...

Socks and sandals/heels.
Crocs.
Basketball shorts with high socks- just like @sweetlemons said. Holly Madison used to do that really often on ‘Girls next door’ and it always grossed me out.
Denim mini skirts.

If I forgot about something, I will add it to the list soon.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

one thing I find a little silly is when trends (or just certain people) acquire direct inspiration from specific cultures or religions, especially if those articles of jewelry/clothing have actual significance.

like when rosary beads or crosses or buddhist hands are worn purely for fashion, devoid of significance. I had this one caucasian (non-buddhist) teacher in high school who always wore indian clothes and buddhist jewelery, just for fashion’s sake.

posted over 2 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

1. Leggings as pants. Stop it. They are an UNDERgarment.

2. Those weird bandeau bras that are purposely highliter-colored and visible under muscle tanks. They are also an UNDERgarment.

3. Animal prints. I swear for every 100 people that try to pull it off, 1 does. It’s tricky. leave it to the pros. lol

posted over 2 years ago
1 2 4 6
REPLY TO DISCUSSION