Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
milkandroses
Style_council
milkandroses

I haven’t been into personal fashion websites such as this one for very long, but I have come to the conclusion that I absolutely HATE American Apparel’s advertising! As much as I support goods made in the USA, whenever I see an American Apparel advertisement (which is rampant on Chictopia and StealHerStyle) I get pissed off because their advertising scheme is to take shi**y Polaroid quality pictures of women wearing their barely-there clothing. Yes, I understand that they’re trying to sell a undergarments and such most of the time, but what is the necessity of advertising with pictures of young women wearing just a pair of new lace shorts and nothing else? And it’s not like this is on ESPN.com or anything – these advertisements are on websites whose users are a majority of women! Why does American Apparel think that half naked women are going to help sell their product? I really don’t know. . . . . Those are my thoughts. What are yours?

posted over 2 years ago
1 2
chanelchapel
Style_council
chanelchapel

haha, but i love american apparel’s advertisements.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

don’t mean to bump an old thread, but this was the ad I just saw. those little ladies love bending over. there’s ‘female empowerment’ nudity, and then there’s ‘easy access’ nudity—which do you think AA ads are?

posted about 2 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

I also don`t like their ads, it looks so cheap and sometimes even vulgar!

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION