Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MELSHY
Style_council
MELSHY

As everyone can see, I’m a new user on Chictopia! So my question is, what if you don’t like someone’s outfit, what if you think they could of done something more with the outfit.. Is this the type of community that accepts and appreciated critiques or is it the type of community where if i have nothing nice to say, i shouldn’t say it at all…Is the comment space only for compliments.. ????

(Okay I know it was’nt a quick question at all..)

(And i know some people are going to say “it’s your call” say how you feel, but i don’t want it to look like im bashing someone, or trying to offend them..)

posted over 2 years ago
MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Funny you should say about this cause it is exactly how it seems!

Sometimes I feel the need to say how I feel, but mostly now I just don’t comment on things I don’t like. I do feel there is an air of egostroking going on here, where criticism is a big nono.

On the other hand I highly doubt that there are enough people who can take criticism the way it is intented and reply in a calm fashion(Seems like it on the forums in general), more likely I feel it will turn into a hidious shoutmatch with no intellectual flavour.

And even those aren’t entertaining with some properly witty remarks, they are just sad :D

posted over 2 years ago

MELSHY
Style_council
MELSHY

…it’s so unfortunate. Oh well, I’ll have to learn how to click the back button when I see an outfit that I believe needs help, or could of been done a bit differently. I rather not involve myself with the internet drama that would come with critiquing ones outfit. Anyways thanks for your feedback, I enjoyed it. :P

I’m glad I’m not the only one that see’s it.

posted over 2 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

maybe if you reply by saying something like i love how you styled this ! i would have done this “….”. bc this really is such a great and versatile piece!
something along those lines giving compliments but giving the person some extra insight.
this forum is about sharing your style, finding inspiration, and being open to new ideas. so just comment in a nice and helpful way.you should be extra careful in your wording. rea dit out loud, if you have doubts about what you said try to reword it.

if you really dislike the outfit that much just don;t comment!
hope this hellps !

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

No, not at all

posted over 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

like in life if you have something negative to say,keep it to yourself.if somebody posts a pic thinking its great ,why should i be a judge?nobody likes criticism .we are not that big in fashion to do that

posted over 1 year ago

jessicacorena
Style_council
jessicacorena

I see people saying a bunch of positive stuff, but never any criticism, I understand why you ask. I think that I would like to adjust pieces on someone else’s outfit but I think here it’s just proper to comment on what you like and let them be who they want and stay open about it. :)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION