Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Memosne
Style_council
Memosne

Hey there, Chictopians! I’m not sure if this is the most pertinent section to post this in, but I wanted to hear your thoughts!

In your opinion, what are the most over hyped products in fashion/makeup/fitness etc? This isn’t meant to overly bash any product or brand, but sometimes I do wonder if certain products hold up to their price point and popularity they receive! I have an open mind and I’m hoping to hear your views.

I love the look of Black Milk Leggings, but I can’t wrap my head around the price. Any sharkies out there that can turn me to the “dark side?”

I’m also super curious about the Jeffrey Campbell Lita’s, I feel like everyone and their mom has them, but I don’t see them as being as versatile as everyone says. Thoughts?

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I always think of Litas. I know people love them, but I just think they make everyone look like they have horse feet.

Other than that, I think mid-range brands leave a lot to be desired. Personally, I can’t afford to buy designer or high end brands, but I do wish that more mid-range brands would make quality products. I’ve bought too many pairs of shoes that cost around $100 to find out their quality is about the same as a $25 pair from Forever21 :( I’ve had cheap, thrifted shoes last longer than a pair of Sam Edelmans!

posted over 1 year ago

misstiem
Style_council
misstiem

I totally agree with the Litas. I’ve been contemplating whether I should invest in a pair or just buy a faux pair.

posted over 1 year ago

tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

The zara skort is overdone. It’s cute, but who wants to be another department store dud?

posted 11 months ago

StylisticallyAcc
Style_council
Stylisticall...

I love litas but I don’t see many people wearing them out. The Zara skort is waaaay overhyped!
You know an item is overhyped when you can find so many dupes online!

posted 11 months ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Michael Kors watch for sure..

posted 11 months ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Tory Burch flats. Overhyped and overpriced. Sorry, I just had to say it.. For that price, I’d rather get some killer ankle boots.

posted 9 months ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

The Zara skort!

posted 9 months ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

@LittleBee Wow, yeah, I just looked up the price of Tory Burch flats and my goodness! You should spend that money on something that doesn’t have a huge, gaudy advertisement on the toe!

posted 9 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

Totally agree with you about the black milk leggings! way way overpriced for being leggings and basic bodysuits.

posted 9 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I am sick of seeing that Zara skort.

posted 9 months ago

shelbylugal
Style_council
shelbylugal

I’m going to barf if I see another Zara skort lol. It was cute on the first few fashion bloggers who wore it, but now everyone has one and it just another over-popularized product that is no longer able to show individuality.

posted 8 months ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

oh yes I agree. I am sooo OVER that Zara origami skort. You would have to wear those Black Milk Leggings with it to make it interesting for me.   I don't find the Black Milk Leggings that expensive.  of course I don't have a pair as I live in a conservative town and everyone would stare at me if I wore them.  I live in Argentina and would have to go on a bus 12 hours to buy Jeffrey Campbell Lita's so although I would like some, oh well, I guess I will pass.

posted 7 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION