Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Memosne
Style_council
Memosne

Hey there, Chictopians! I’m not sure if this is the most pertinent section to post this in, but I wanted to hear your thoughts!

In your opinion, what are the most over hyped products in fashion/makeup/fitness etc? This isn’t meant to overly bash any product or brand, but sometimes I do wonder if certain products hold up to their price point and popularity they receive! I have an open mind and I’m hoping to hear your views.

I love the look of Black Milk Leggings, but I can’t wrap my head around the price. Any sharkies out there that can turn me to the “dark side?”

I’m also super curious about the Jeffrey Campbell Lita’s, I feel like everyone and their mom has them, but I don’t see them as being as versatile as everyone says. Thoughts?

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I always think of Litas. I know people love them, but I just think they make everyone look like they have horse feet.

Other than that, I think mid-range brands leave a lot to be desired. Personally, I can’t afford to buy designer or high end brands, but I do wish that more mid-range brands would make quality products. I’ve bought too many pairs of shoes that cost around $100 to find out their quality is about the same as a $25 pair from Forever21 :( I’ve had cheap, thrifted shoes last longer than a pair of Sam Edelmans!

posted over 1 year ago

misstiem
Style_council
misstiem

I totally agree with the Litas. I’ve been contemplating whether I should invest in a pair or just buy a faux pair.

posted over 1 year ago

tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

The zara skort is overdone. It’s cute, but who wants to be another department store dud?

posted about 1 year ago

StylisticallyAcc
Style_council
Stylisticall...

I love litas but I don’t see many people wearing them out. The Zara skort is waaaay overhyped!
You know an item is overhyped when you can find so many dupes online!

posted about 1 year ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Michael Kors watch for sure..

posted about 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Tory Burch flats. Overhyped and overpriced. Sorry, I just had to say it.. For that price, I’d rather get some killer ankle boots.

posted 11 months ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

The Zara skort!

posted 11 months ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

@LittleBee Wow, yeah, I just looked up the price of Tory Burch flats and my goodness! You should spend that money on something that doesn’t have a huge, gaudy advertisement on the toe!

posted 11 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

Totally agree with you about the black milk leggings! way way overpriced for being leggings and basic bodysuits.

posted 11 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I am sick of seeing that Zara skort.

posted 11 months ago

shelbylugal
Style_council
shelbylugal

I’m going to barf if I see another Zara skort lol. It was cute on the first few fashion bloggers who wore it, but now everyone has one and it just another over-popularized product that is no longer able to show individuality.

posted 10 months ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

oh yes I agree. I am sooo OVER that Zara origami skort. You would have to wear those Black Milk Leggings with it to make it interesting for me.   I don't find the Black Milk Leggings that expensive.  of course I don't have a pair as I live in a conservative town and everyone would stare at me if I wore them.  I live in Argentina and would have to go on a bus 12 hours to buy Jeffrey Campbell Lita's so although I would like some, oh well, I guess I will pass.

posted 9 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION