Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

We made some significant improvement to chic blog page and we’d love to hear your feedback!
Changes include
- Now your votes can be recorded on Chictopia so you can go back and visit the chic looks you voted on.
- Your photos are a lot larger so you can show off your style on your blog.
- Photos around actions are displayed, so you don’t have to click to view it.

We are still making a few more small tweaks to the page. Let us know what you think!

posted over 3 years ago
Redchyna
Style_council
Redchyna

My first thought would be to not include comment replies to my own posts in the recent activities. Also, if I comment and vote on the same post, then it should count as one activity (even though it is techniquely two). This would allow for more activities to show up on the page.

posted over 3 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

Of course I’m a bit confused (I think it’s the second time you make significant changes…)…
I may like more like it was, but I understand you work to improve and I need to get used…

I think I’d prefer if my photos could be displayed in their whole figure, bigger it’s good, but sometimes the top part of a look could be not interesting, or it’s the whole look that counts…
Photos actions can be nice, but since I usually thanks who comments on my posts, even my personal pics are shown lol
What about VOICES? Do they exist anymore? Are they gone from my Chicblog? I used to like them…

Hope this could help!!

posted over 3 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

It’s a surprise, just like last time, but of course, we always get used to it.

I like that the looks are all side by side kind of like in the gallery or new pics. It’s easier to view.

I don’t like the comments that we’ve made the same size as our posts though. Maybe you can make that part smaller, so that the emphasis is still on the looks and not the comments that we’ve made? I mean, I like the idea, but just make it smaller than the actual look? :)

posted over 3 years ago

AmyRuthBlue
Style_council
AmyRuthBlue

I think our own photo submissions ought to be in Portrait format rather than Landscape. I really, really do. While it is true that they are large, the ones we comment on or vote for are in Portrait, though smaller. And I prefer Portrait. Meaning, I would rather have my submissions SMALLER but yet still IN PORTRAIT (full length) than large and in Landscape.

posted over 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

activities should be even smaller. don’t crop the photos if they’re to be bigger.

posted over 3 years ago

TheLittlestUnicorn
Style_council
TheLittlestU...

I second what redchyna said! most of the time if I comment on a post I have also voted on it so it would be nice to be able to combine those 2 activites…otherwise it just keeps making each picture I comment on appear 2 times in a row

and switch from landscape to portrait for sure!

posted over 3 years ago

Chilli
Style_council
Chilli

I don’t like the new layout at all. I dislike how the photos of our activities are so large. I think they should be smaller and placed underneath our own photos.

I also agree with everyone else if we comment and vote on the one photo it shouldn’t come up as multiple activities. I find the same image showing twice in a row quite annoying.

I don’t understand why our photos are landscape either … In my opinion it would be better if images are smaller and portrait rather than larger and landscape.

posted over 3 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

How do we find out who are the latest people to follow us? It used to be an option on the side, but now I can’t figure it out. Lol. :)

posted over 3 years ago

Chilli
Style_council
Chilli

Trinnah – press on ‘followers’ beside your profile picture on your chic blog page. You should be able to see a list of your fans. I hope that helps :)

posted over 3 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

@ Chilli: Thank you, but I want to know who the latest ones are though, so that I can check out their sites, too. It doesn’t show who the latest ones are like it used to before. :)

posted over 3 years ago

Chilli
Style_council
Chilli

Ah sorry I completely misunderstood your question trinnah! I wasn’t really much help at all.

posted over 3 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

Thank you for the help though. I’m still trying to get used to navigating the new look! :)

posted over 3 years ago

CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

Trinnah,
You should be getting email alerts every time you get a new follower. If you don’t have this setting turned on, you can go to “edit profile” page under the “mychictopia” dropdown on the top right. This page allows you to adjust your email settings.

Cheri

posted over 3 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

EDIT: Never mind the previous answer.

I finally found all the emails in my spam section. I don’t know why the server all of a sudden put it as spam when I used to get the emails all the time. Thanks Cheri!

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hm… the layout is going to take some time to get used to!! I also think that our activities should be smaller and less prominent. Because honestly, i’m not really interested in what other members have been doing on the site, i’m more interested in their photos and their blogs. And I really don’t like how it shows all the photos we chic voted… I liked it when it was anonymous :P

I think the outfit photos on the blog should show the whole image instead of just half of it. That way you can see the whole outfit/background without having to go to another page. Only seeing half of the image doesn’t really give you a full impression of the entire outfit/photo. Eg, the top half of the photo might be quite plain, but they might be wearing crazy shoes, which you wouldn’t be able to see in the half-photo.

Another thing I miss is having part of the words from the blog post show up on the profile page, as I always read what other people have written on their blogs. Sometimes what people have written is just as important as the outfit! Even if someone’s photo isn’t the greatest, what they have written might be really interesting and then receive lots of comments because of it. Now you don’t really get any idea of what they are feeling/ more info about their outfit or where they wore it to, unless you click on the photo specifically.

Just a question- where can we find the tags we’ve created when we’ve added someone’s photo as a favourite?

posted over 3 years ago

ANNAFRYS
Style_council
ANNAFRYS

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE OPTION TALK TO PPL LIKE ON FACEBOOK HERE

posted over 3 years ago

bonitakim
Style_council
bonitakim

I must say that I recently formatted Chictopia internalizing, and not for the language issue (I do not speak English, so I translate everything), I think that is very well armed.
Just continue to make my comments as we get acquainted.
Thanks for letting me show what I like!
kisses!

posted about 3 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I think the pictures of outfits you voted for or commented on should be smaller. They kind of detract from outfit posts, which seem like they should be the most important image on your Chicblog.

posted about 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i LOVE that you can see multiple pages at once!

posted about 3 years ago

AmyRuthBlue
Style_council
AmyRuthBlue

On the New Photos Gallery, I now have to scroll and wait, scroll and wait, to get back to page 6 where I left off, commenting on someone’s pic.
I used to be able to click a page number and skip right back to page 6.
Now that I have to scroll down and wait, scroll and wait, scroll and wait, I quit commenting MUCH sooner than I used to. I used to literally go through 20 pages of pics at a time, because after commenting on a pic on page 17, I could go RIGHT BACK TO page 17, NOT have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll…..

posted about 3 years ago

vrod
Style_council
vrod

I must agree with AmyRuthBlue.. it may have benn a good idea to scroll through the pages,but to go back to the beginning is not !!!

posted about 3 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I personally love the scroll :)

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION