Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  harassmentsexismshorts
TheLoulette
Style_council
TheLoulette

SO glad there’s a ‘rant’ section!
I live in a fairly conservative/religious country, and short clothes are not very common. However it is very hot here all year and I am a practical person, so I will sometimes wear shorts (mid-thigh length!) or flowy skater skirts, but the result is always the same: I go out in public and catcalls, groping, rudeness and harassment are the norm.
At first I stopped wearing these comfortable clothes because I was sick of it, but now I have decided to stand my ground and give any man who tries to shame me for dressing comfortably a piece or two of my mind.
I am not a sex object, and I refuse to be reduced to that by ignorant sexist people.
Ladies (and gay men), do you have similar experiences?

posted 11 months ago
DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Heck, I get occasional catcalls even when I’m fully clothed— but luckily, I never been groped.

I noticed women don’t get catcalls if they’re hanging out with at least one guy.

posted 11 months ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

People are just gross and think they can do whatever they want and treat others however they please. I’m glad you’re standing up for yourself and putting them in their place! They have no right to treat you that way, no matter what you’re wearing!

posted 11 months ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

so sad to read this in 2013,but yes in my country is the same;dirty looks from men and judgamental and full of envy glances from women

posted 11 months ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

religious and conservative areas are often about 50 years behind the times.

posted 11 months ago

djeegngirl
New_user djeegngirl is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When djeegngirl reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
djeegngirl

This is very sad, people can be truly awful, you should not be subjected to that, and I truly admire your courage for standing your ground! 

posted 10 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION