Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fruti
Style_council
fruti

I’ve been thinking about trying out the trend where you have a see through looking blouse and just a plain bra but there’s a limit to how much I want to show to others so I decided against it. Now I want to ask for your opinion Chictopians to see how much you love, hate or don’t care about seeing brassieres out and around.

Btw thanks for taking an interest in this as I am really interested in your opinions. :)

posted about 3 years ago
1 2
tiffanyc1225
Style_council
tiffanyc1225

I’ve seen a ton of girls in my high school wearing lace shirts with nothing but a bandeau underneath… Granted, sometimes it’s pulled off. For the most part though, the only thing I ask myself when I see them is, “How can the teacher talk to them with a straight face?”. Although it’s a very bold trend to try, I’d save it for a day at the beach or pool… or somewhere I won’t have to talk to my teachers.

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I wish we lived in a perfect world where wearing ANYTHING you wanted was accepted and viewed as just self expression. But sad to say people get offended by a lot of things and there are still many narrow minded perverts around.
So so I think wearing undergarments as clothing is attractive? YES I DO
DO I think wearing them in public is smart? NO I DONT

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

Also it depends what the event is.
Walking down the street wearing a black bra will cause a stir and many heads to turn, men to beep and ask you for rides etc.. to a party or out with friends it’s a different scene.

posted over 2 years ago

beckachu
Style_council
beckachu

i dunno i think it really depends on the situation and the outfit hah.
i know that’s not super helpful.
it has the potential to look really nice or really odd, but it comes down to what you are wearing with it, what kind of bra, etc.

posted over 2 years ago

mishelfeb
Style_council
mishelfeb

Some people can pull it off. As for me, I really don’t mind seeing this kind of fashion given that it’s in proper setting and the bra has a trendy look and cut

posted over 2 years ago

Annaindeed
Style_council
Annaindeed

A lot f people at my school do it, but I personally think it’s going too far… :(

posted over 2 years ago

Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

Depends on the situation and how it’s worn.

posted over 2 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I don’t think it’s appropriate. I actually bought a sleeveless blouse that’s somewhat transparent and, you know what, they look just as chic with a full camisole underneath them and not just a bra. Sorry, but undergarments should stay under in my opinion. It’s not chic, it’s revealing for attention sake. This goes right along with all the girls who are wearing high-waisted shorts that are also so high-cuffed you can see their butt cheeks hanging out at the bottom. You are not trying to get people to look at your fashionable clothes if you do this, you are trying to get people to look at your body.

posted about 2 years ago

jessicaluxe
Style_council
jessicaluxe

I think if you get a bra that covers a comfortable amount of your breasts, it’s fine.
And I wouldn’t go for a push up bra because, let’s be honest, you shouldn’t be worrying about cleavage when you already have everything on display.

posted about 2 years ago

kathrynb23
New_user kathrynb23 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kathrynb23 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kathrynb23

There is nothing appropriate about a bra showing through a blouse. It’s a cry for the wrong sort of attention from both sex.

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I agree with Catie! Wear a bright or printed bra so that it looks on purpose. I always try to make it more modest by wearing high waist trousers, shorts, or a skirt. So that way you’re not showing breasts and your stomach. If you still want to wear the sheer top, you can always find a colorful bandeau bra or cropped tube top, so it’s not a full on bra, but you’re still letting the sheerness of the shirt do its job. :)

posted about 2 years ago

happymaterial
Style_council
happymaterial

Some people can really pull it off. I think that if the rest of the outfit is rather conservative, you can get away with it. Personally I’m too self conscious to do so. ):

posted about 2 years ago

thatyellowtutu
Style_council
thatyellowtutu

Just wanna share what I saw on Tumblr some time ago and I actually find it funny. Haha. It’s related to the topic though so I hope you check it out :D

http://9gag.com/gag/4694305

posted about 2 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

It honestly doesn’t bother me and I have worn things like that before. If you aren’t comfortable, then wear a bandeaux instead or something like that. Then you get a similar look and don’t feel so naked.

posted about 2 years ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

Well, they won’t look too bad with bralettes or bra tops underneath.
People who aren’t too busty are more suited for this look imo.

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I think it looks ridiculous. I can’t imagine seeing somebody walking down the high street looking like that!

posted about 2 years ago

somethingsun
New_user somethingsun is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When somethingsun reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
somethingsun

ya, i’m gonna have to go with immodest.

posted about 2 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

Most of the time it looks trashy to me. I’ve seen some girls on Chictopia that make it look chic, but even then, I think of it as one of those trends that looks good for a fashion photoshoot, not to wear out.

posted about 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

I have a few shirts with a pattern on the top back that is mostly see thru.
I just try to match the bra with the shirt.

posted about 2 years ago

gizellemarion
New_user gizellemarion is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When gizellemarion reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
gizellemarion

If it’s stylishly done, then you can never go wrong. ;)

posted about 2 years ago

Flurple
New_user Flurple is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Flurple reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Flurple

Personally, it’s not my thing. I own sheer blouses but prefer to wear something underneath as well. Then again, if you’re confident enough then I don’t see why not? I think it looks good on some people if it’s done properly. But who’s to tell you what you can and cannot wear? :) If you feel good wearing something then wear it. :D

posted about 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

I don’t like this. this is often vulgar and unappropriate, and often done with sexy, leopard, or neon prints that make it even more trashy. as some others said, this is only a way to drive attention, but I think there are better ways to do so.

posted about 2 years ago

FlirtNation
Style_council
FlirtNation

It definitely depends on what you’re wearing, but in general, underwear shouldn’t be seen! Right now, it’s been fashionable to show a peek of your bra.

posted about 2 years ago

lamechic
Style_council
lamechic

I think it’s just the trend right now – it won’t last forever, but I can see how some people view it as trashy. I think it’s cute as long as you wear jeans or a maxi skirt or something with it. Super short-shorts with this look can probably come off as trashy.

posted almost 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION