Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Melodic_Thrifty_Chic
Style_council
Melodic_Thri...

I won the final round and should have been going to Miami to showcase Wisconsin style, but Cotton took my prize away and gave it to my losing competitor from Chicago. Read more here: www.melodicthriftychic.com

posted about 1 year ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I just read your story and it’s very interesting. I believe you rightfully deserve that prize. It seems as though cotton picked their favorite competitor over the votes from the public and they are trying to cover their actions by creating a false story about you cheating.

posted about 1 year ago

Melodic_Thrifty_Chic
Style_council
Melodic_Thri...

Yeah. I’ve discovered that I’m not the only one this has happened to. This makes me somewhat relieved (to know that I’m not crazy), but also really sad that so many people had their hopes up and involved so many people in the competition for a whole month for no reason. It seems like we were duped into thinking we were participants, when in actuality we were just spectators in a comedic tragedy. I’ll update my blog as I find out more about what’s going on.

posted about 1 year ago

Melodic_Thrifty_Chic
Style_council
Melodic_Thri...

Update: Cotton’s IP Coordinator promised to contact me by email and provide information that would help to explain their decision to disqualify me. So far, I have received nothing at all. It has been almost 48 hours. They know what they did to me was wrong.

posted about 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I will make sure to keep reading your blog and following you on this situation :)
I would really like to know what kind of response they have about all of this.

posted about 1 year ago

Melodic_Thrifty_Chic
Style_council
Melodic_Thri...

Right on. Thank you for following this issue. The more people that know about this craziness the better. I believe Cotton’s lawyers have instructed them to be silent. I doubt I will ever receive another communication from them. They just want this to blow over and sweep it all under the rug quietly.

posted about 1 year ago

Melodic_Thrifty_Chic
Style_council
Melodic_Thri...

Update: Another former contestant speaks out on Cotton’s Facebook page and calls them out on their selectivity and favoritism. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151426978182348&set=a.10150409217952348.378064.28710762347&type=1&theater

posted about 1 year ago

Melodic_Thrifty_Chic
Style_council
Melodic_Thri...

Update: Yet another former contestant and blogger, Braelynn Luedtke of Ravishingly, speaks out about similar treatment of her by Cotton. She posted on Cotton’s Facebook page asking for a public apology and she also posted about the issue on her blog: http://www.ravishingly.net/2013/02/in-my-defense.html

posted about 1 year ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Wow, I left a comment. Gosh, that’s just scary! Not because I won’t be able to win a grand prize, but when they may wrongfully accuse a person cheating without any clear explanations. Again, I’m sorry this happened to you. :(

posted 12 months ago

Melodic_Thrifty_Chic
Style_council
Melodic_Thri...

Thanks! I’m still trying to get over it, all of these months later. I’ll be doing a blog post about it at the end of the month as way of finally putting this whole thing behind me. <3

posted 12 months ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Incredible! I can’t believe they think they can do stuff like that and people will just let it slide!

posted 12 months ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Wow that really sucks!

posted 4 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION