Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ladykaeru
Style_council
ladykaeru

I am a new user in Chictopia. It’s my 3rd day here & i haven’t got any followers. I feel left behind. :-(

posted over 2 years ago
Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

Don’t worry, you just have to be patient, comment on others photos, upload pics and you won’t be left unnoticed. ^^ It just takes some time.

posted over 2 years ago

ladykaeru
Style_council
ladykaeru

Thank you. :)

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

It’s tricky. I haven’t yet figured it out. I have been a member going on 3 years and I still only have like 270 followers. My photos make it into the Gallery pretty often, but it doesn’t guarantee followers. I think one of the issues is that there are too many things that a user can do when looking at another user’s profile. They can vote for a photo, leave a comment, “favorite” a photo, follow you, or friend you. Not everybody is going to do every last one of those. Honestly, I don’t know why they have they separated “friending” and “following” into two different actions. It didn’t used to be that way. I guess this doesn’t really help you instantly, but feedback for Chictopia can help them streamline things.

The most important thing you can do is post looks! Post as many as you can!

posted over 2 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I been here for I don’t know how long, and I don’t have any either that I know of! lol.

Why is it important to have many followers?

@catiecat
Friending needs the other persons concent, following doesn’t.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Yes, that is true, but it doesn’t really explain the purpose behind having them both.
Since chictopia’s main focus is outfit posts, this may be the reason you, @MiuSan, don’t have many followers. Without posting pictures people don’t know you’re even a memeber! If you are not interested in posting outfits or the “popularity game” then it won’t matter that you don’t have followers. At least I wouldn’t worry about it! Hope you enjoy the forums tho!

posted over 2 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

“Friending” allows users to send private messages to each other, but following doesn’t. In the early days of Chictopia, spammers would sign on and send a private message to everyone, but then Chictopia limited this to friends only. It is true, unless you post outfits, it’s much harder to gain followers.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Thanks HelenZ! I finally figured that out the other day when I tried to send someone a message. I guess I don’t send that many messages!

posted over 2 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Honestly, I don’t even think much about it. I just post what I like to wear, what represents myself—if others dig my style, then they would follow me. If not, that’s okay too, I don’t expect the numbers to grow.

I’m sure if you allow some time, there will be members who digs your style—curious to see your assembles if they start to see more collection of your daily outfits. Or if you’re a talented writer, I’m sure your writing can hook people too.

posted over 2 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

It takes FOREVER to gain a lot of followers. Visit other chicblogs and leave sweet comments/vote. Give advice in the forum. The more you participate on Chictopia, the more followers you will gain! P.S. You can also follow yourself:D

posted about 2 years ago

Opal
Style_council
Opal

I don’t have many either and I’ve been on here for 2 years. I’m trying harder to take really great pics and post my best styles and it seems like people are taking notice. If you want followers you have to be active yourself. If I get a comment, I make sure to check out their looks and follow them also. There are SOOO many people on Chictopia that it is hard to stand out. Just keep being friendly, posting great pics, and commenting a lot, and I think you’ll see the love will come back around.

posted about 2 years ago

Amyswalkinwardrobe
Style_council
Amyswalkinwa...

i just started a few weeks ago too and try to upload one photo a day – which is hard but possible. Agree that commenting on others pics is a great way to get known.

posted about 2 years ago

HighHeelShoes
Style_council
HighHeelShoes

I am not really sure why you need to have followers. I like to comment on peoples posts if I have enjoyed reading them , I had an email from one blogger saying she had to get to 1000 followers and actually begged me to follow ( seriously she did ) What happens when she gets to a 1000 followers ? does she get a prize or something ?

posted almost 2 years ago

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

upload pictures, comment on pictures

nisalurve
Style_council
nisalurve

Here’s why you need followers: A lot of people, myself including, love clothes. I love in a deadbeat town where there is no one to appreciate them but myself in my lonesome while I attend a community college. So I just want an opportunity to wow someone, or just get some self-assurance that my hundred dollar purchase was worth it. Of course it’s important to be confident, which I am, I wouldn’t change anything if anyone told me, but it’s just fun knowing that someone appreciates the aesthetics of what you wear.

That being said, I have no pictures yet.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION