Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

Usually, I’d let things like these slip by but sometimes a few annoying elements persist and you feel like addressing it. Some of these newbies are so obsessed regarding gaining followers, that it makes one think, maybe that is the sole purpose of their lives? People as such, need to get off the net and get a life.

The individual here (I don’t know her personally but her annoying message keeps reappearing all the time) seems to have two accounts and possibly promotes herself by various means, using one account to praise the other and viceversa…even with the same lines (for compliments, make an effort and use different ones at least?!) The annoying comment that seems to reappear perpetually, which lead me to scribble this snippet; “…I’d love to follow you, would want us to follow each other? Hope you could check my posts, too and let me know :)” If you like someone’s style, follow them if you wish to, but quite a lot of individuals address it as a ‘give & take’ kind of transaction. One may like the style of the other individual in question, but that does not necessarily mean that the other has to follow back (if they do not like the style of the follower in the first place?)?!
posted over 2 years ago
CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

Hi,
Feel free to flag these users and we will investigate multiple accounts and comment spamming!

Cheri

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

there’s like one or two people who are just plain rude. it’s like, why bother commenting at all if it’s just something snarky and unproductive? really, why waste your time?

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

its true that is not allowed!

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Users like this drive me insane, and there are sooooo many of them! And they get pretty upset if they follow you and you don’t follow them back immediately. I’ve never viewed blog follows as a trade – you follow someone because you like their style, not because they followed you. It’s about quality, not popularity!

posted over 2 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

Chictopia has changed so much since I first started here. There are a lot of good improvements, but you guys are right about the people who ask for followers. When I first started, I thought asking people to become a follower was banned. That’s why two of my favorites decided to leave Chictopia in the first place because they were involved in a scandal regarding asking people for votes and followers. Now, it seems like it’s just an everyday occurrence. I usually just ignore them, but it is annoying to see people who comment just to ask for followers without even taking the time to say anything about your look or read your entry. :( Oh well, such is life!

posted over 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

the worst is people who leave this comment: “cute outfit, love it! I’d be glad to follow you if you follow back!” and just COPY it to everyone !! an what’s more… it works. some people agree to follow. they get many followers to get more votes, this is totally unfair.

posted over 2 years ago

CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

Thanks for everyone’s feedback on this topic. However, the best way to ensure that spammers do not plague the community is to flag these users when you come across them. I have not seen an increase of users flagged over the last month, which leads me to believe that this problem has not been building up as this topic indicates. But if you believe otherwise, please do flag!
I’m going to close this topic in 48 hours if I don’t see any other flags come through.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I ALWAYS report people like that. If they can’t be nice/pleasant than they shouldn’t get to enjoy the benefits of a community like Chictopia. Just go to their profile and flag them! You can also flag their rude or spam-like comments.

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I agree!!!

I dont care who tries to promote themselves, and I would never report anyone for trying to gain followers…

But I do agree some people seem extremely annoying

posted over 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

I may have gotten such messages but pretty much dismiss them. We can thank facebook and twitter for some peoples’ obsession for having “followers” Everyone wants their 15 minutes.

For the ones trying to gain chictopia points – do they not realize that if they put in just a few more hours in a week or two at their job (even at $8 an hour) they could go out and buy whatever they are trying to “win” by wasting 100’s of hours trying to gain followers and all that.

Many sites and virtual worlds etc have their own currency system (we have chic points of course) and people tend to grossly overestimate the value of it.

posted over 2 years ago

sissylala
Style_council
sissylala

Paying homage to a man of truly transcendental style…Ralph Waldo Emerson insisted upon nonconformity of thought and and action, and in his essay entitled “Self-Reliance,” he said it best: “Insist on yourself. Never imitate.” However, don’t be discouraged by the mendicant followers devoid of originality (as of yet, from a legal standpoint, unless there’s a valid copyright or ownership interest being infringed upon or misappropriated, they can’t be sent to fashion jail, however contemptible they are). It never troubles the sun…be enlarged by your own style shining :)

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION