Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Cephaela
Style_council
Cephaela

This is driving me crazy! Here in central Texas we WERE blessed with warm weather up until this week, however advertisement upon advertisement never seems to reflect the winter everyone should be starting to feel here in the Northern Hemisphere. I get that we aren’t always outdoors, but no one wants to suffer through a parking lot or a walk down the street in bare legs.

Every once in awhile I see photos for winter that are actually practical, leggings, scarves, gloves, etc. But mostly I keep seeing, tanks with a scarf (?) or long sleeved dresses, with bare legs (?), or airy cardigans that we all know aren’t going to keep you warm at all, and seem more fall or summery.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I going crazy? I know there’s plenty of ways to be fashionable during the winter, with nice peacoats and leggings and such, but I feel like store circulars believe lots of skin for the winter is somehow practical.

(for a side note it’s not all of them, but it seems really common lately…)

posted about 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

where are you seeing these ads? all the ad campaigns I’ve seen show winter apparel. do you mean like the mannequins you see inside stores?

I live in CA though, so the winter never gets too bad. it’s only rained a handful of times so far. I see ads showing a winter that barely exists lol

posted about 2 years ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

i dont think you’re going crazy, as i noticed a lot of spring/summer runway shows that actually have clothes for autumn/winter, like with tons of layers and thick scarves…
whoever designs the ads and the clothes for these shows, seem to be inspired by the previous season than the season they design for >.> doesn’t make any sense…

posted about 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

It’s more a question of advertising I think. If you show a girl wrapped up in tones of clothes, (like me when I go out :p), maybe they feel that it’s less attractive…

posted about 2 years ago

purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

Because people want to dress slutty, duh. JK. It’s probably a marketing thing — short shorts and short skirts look attractive to some people.

posted about 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

There just are not very many cute winter fashions.

One solution I suppose is you could wear cute things but for the brief times you do have to be out in nasty cold, just have like a long winter coat. Course then you get to lug the stupid thing around

posted almost 2 years ago

Cephaela
Style_council
Cephaela

I’m suddenly reminded of this comic.
Trying to find what I’m talking about, though most of ya’ll seem to understand. Most of the circulars that come through our house have been recycled so am searching my email. But half ya’ll seem to get the gist haha.
I also have kind of similar problems even here on chictopia, but then again I understand many things here are for fashion not always practicality. So I’m not as iffy when like instead of woolen leggings I see sheer lacy tights.
(plus we do crazy things for the sake of looking nice amirite? ie: high heels)

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION