Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
nocturnalpandaa
Style_council
nocturnalpandaa

I can’t seem to wrap my head around this. I encountered someone today that hated something and didn’t know why. Hate is just such a strong emotion that I can’t see how it could form without any reason at all.

Or maybe this is bothering me so much because I believe so firmly that everything happens for a reason. I don’t know.

What do you guys think?

posted about 2 years ago
itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

hmm yeah im with you on that one. I don’t know how you can hate something for no reason. Maybe that person had a bad experience that they associate with that but hey dont realize it? :)

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I don’t know… sometimes you just can’t figure out why you dislike something so strongly. Usually, the reason is more complicated and just makes it hard for someone to pinpoint. Also, sometimes it’s a very subtle reason that the conscious part of our brains can’t pick up on. For instance, if you have a very similar immune system to a member of the opposite sex, you will be very unattracted to them. This is evolution’s way of making sure you only mate with people who will bring new immunities into the gene pool.

If you feel everything happens for a reason, you should also understand that everyone has likes and dislikes for a reason, even if they can’t explain it. Like, I hate mango. For some reason it just tastes awful to me. It’s weird because I am not a picky eater at all and I know mango is very popular; it must react with my taste buds in a strange way.

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Some people just have that in their personality.i personally avoid the word hate,but I have a friend who is easil annoyed and claims to hate tons of thimdgs

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I think a lot of people who use that word don’t strictly adhere to the intensity of dislike that the dictionary definition implies. so maybe they didn’t really have that strong of an reaction, but rather mild dislike? either way, there must have been some reason behind it, unless it was said jokingly.

posted about 2 years ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Yeah, that person must have had a bad experience with it and now maybe it’s a subconscious feeling of hate. There’s probably a reason for the hate, but they couldn’t pinpoint it exactly.

posted over 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

i would say strongly dislike something,hate is too……. like repulsive lets say

posted over 1 year ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

perhaps there is a very strong reason of which this person just doesn’t want to speak of or admit…

posted over 1 year ago

ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

Personally, I have to find three specific reasons before I allow myself to hate something. If I can’t find three things, then I don’t hate it.

posted over 1 year ago

deborah08
Style_council
deborah08

I feel like people use the terms “love” and “hate” without really thinking twice. I wonder why we take the emotion out of such strong words such as those…

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION