Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

A buunch of super old posts, from like 3 years ago, keep getting bumped. Not a big deal at all, but it’s a bit pointless to respond to a question when the original user probably isn’t even on Chictopia anymore.

I think the reason is the “related posts” section below each thread—maybe future coding changes could make it so there would be a cutoff date for what posts are linked :)

posted almost 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Thank you for posting this! Bumping posts drives me nuts and is actually against Chictopia forum rules. I always think “No that girl is not still wondering what to wear to her prom because it was 4 YEARS AGO!”

But for serious, as a Forums Advisor I will flag any responses that “bump” old posts. You can do it, too actually! Just click the little flag under the response and a notice will be sent to Chictopia.

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yeah …but some of them keep good topics going on

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Well, we can always start a new thread if you think the topic is good. Although, yeah, it’s hard not to respond if the topic’s really good! :) These would most probably be not the prom-related ones

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Yeah, if it’s a good topic, then I don’t flag the response unless it violates some other rule. However, if the original poster was asking for advice on which dress to wear on her date 2 years ago or posting a link to a giveaway that ended 6 months ago, then I usually flag the response. The problem with bumping old posts is that it bumps new topics down. You might miss out on a sweet new giveaway because someone replied to a super old post or someone who needs advice might not get it because no one can see their thread!

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

I feel like a “lock” could be useful for topics like that, i’ve seen that in different forums and it helps make the older topics more organized.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION