Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Recently my best friend ‘dumped’ me…via text. She said I was controlling, manipulative, overdramatic, and that we “were never best best friends”…this from the girl I THOUGHT I had been the closest to. Come to find out, she’d been talking trash on me since november. Any similar experiences/ ways to get over being ‘dumped’? I know it’s silly, but the things she said really hurt me. :/

posted about 3 years ago
1 2
RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

i dumped my best friend. he totally changed in the past year or so and started to treat me (and everyone) like crap and be really conceited an selfish…so i decided i didnt need him anymore. do i miss him? nah…i miss the person he used to be.

posted almost 3 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

People always want things there way, whether you like it or not. This is why I never trust anybody, not even my close group of friends. Although we’re really tight, everybody talks smack behind everyone’s back. I’ve learned to stand tall and not let things get to me. Because once things get to you, you try to change it but that just makes things worst. Be yourself. Don’t change for anyone else except you. Try not to think about these things! : ) I know it may be hard at first, since you thought you guys were close, but better things will happen soon. : )

jamayyyyimyim
New_user jamayyyyimyim is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jamayyyyimyim reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jamayyyyimyim

i have actually been in a similar situation this past year. i had a very close friend since about three years ago, but i realized that he had been talking behind my back and talking smack. i just saw that he wasn’t the person i thought he was, and i decided not to be friends with him anymore. in your situation, i think that if that friend that ‘dumped’ you treated you like that, she wasn’t really your best friend. friends come and go all the time, but having a best friend that you feel like you can trust turn her back against you hurts a lot. with these things, i guess we just gotta move on.

Yellowdiamonds
Style_council
Yellowdiamonds

Keep your head up and move on! Negative people aren’t worth keeping in your life, and you need to look as every negative experience as a lesson learned. Look at it this way- it’s good you weren’t friends with someone so fake longer.

posted about 2 years ago

dauielle
Style_council
dauielle

Some things are just not meant to be! Don’t burden yourself with someone else’s problem, be yourself and be happy – you will make new and better friends than her. She’s obviously not worth your time :-)

EDIT: Oh oops, I just realized this topic was from a year or so ago…

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION