Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mercik
Style_council
mercik

Some people never do anything new or creative.
They simply copy cat what’s in vouge.

I noticed a lot of the people with one of a kind fashion sense get overlooked. ( I am not referring to myself, I dont care who votes for me or not, although I love to share my looks)

I guess this world will always cater to the “masses”

I dont feel I totally belong here as I am over 35, and have my own fashion sense

But as a younger person, I was always unique with a little bit more edge than now, and back then it was not appreciated the way it is today, yet..I see so many blogs here that no one even votes for that are SUPER amazinG!!!

posted over 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Fashion is pretty personal, so people are going to wear what they want and what they like. I’m not going to lie and say I never judge people or think “ugh, why would anyone wear that?” but I do try to remind myself that everyone is allowed their own opinion and allowed to dress as they please. Sometimes I worry I wear things that are too similar all the time, but why not? They work for my personality and my body type, so I’m gonna stick with them. Honestly, the world would be a pretty boring place if everyone wore exactly what your or I liked all the time.

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I agree 100%

I loooove the fact that everyone is different.

The rant was more towards people who are “cookie” cutter (all the time)
And it seems that’s what most people want to see, and who gets the votes.
Just saying.

But yeah, se la vie

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Oh right, I get that! Like in high school I didn’t want to stand out from the crowd cuz well high schoolers can be mean, so I wore what was acceptable and popular (Abercrombie shirts, jeans). I actually liked them tho, so even tho it was cookie cutter, I made it my own. I really hate Abercrombie now, so it’s hard not to make fun of young girls who think it’s “so cool”, but I try to remember what it was like at their age.

As for the repeats on chictopia, these girls aren’t really on the front page because they’re cookie cutters but because what they’re wearing is popular right now (whatever it may be). They get voted there by other users most of the time! I don’t get some of the styles, and am pretty sick of some of other styles, but that is how trends go!

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

If I copy a style, I usually copy it because it agrees with my aesthetic. every trend starts out new/creative at one point in time, it only becomes ‘in vogue’ only when people respond to it. that’s just how trends are—it’ s not really a trend if there is little awareness or response.

fashion is meant to be copied, repeated, adapted, etc—I usually resound what I am inspired by. brand obsession though, I don’t agree with :P. a lot of younger people are, for social reasons, terrified to buy anything that doesn’t come from a well-liked brand.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION