Style_council
jerseyxtweet

and not call you :(

posted almost 4 years ago
cem90
Style_council
cem90

Forgive, yes.
Let it slide: It had better be because someone was in the hospital. (i.e.: no.)

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Probably not. Bailing out is one thing, not even calling is another.

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

No. Have you two been together long?

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

My instinct is that he’s disrespecting you, but sometimes people have a different values regarding time and meetings, so make sure you’re on the same page about that before you make any judgments. For example, when waiting for a 6:00 date my ex would often call at 6:20 to say he’d be there at 7:00, and show up at maybe 7:05. A lot of my friends assured me it was “a Southern thing” and when I talked to him it turned out he just didn’t realize punctuality was so important to me.

My advice is to talk to him about the situation so you’re sure you’re on the same page about expectations for dates and cancellations: dates are serious and cannot be canceled unless there is an emergency, and cancellations should be made in advance whenever possible. Let him know it hurts you when he bails and that you take it as a sign of disrespect, and ask him to be better about honoring commitments— or at least give you a call when things can’t work out. Give him a chance to prove himself, but if he blows it off and won’t listen to you and/or keeps bailing without calling, then you know for sure this guy isn’t worth your time.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION