Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I was 9 years old, and I felt alone at school because my friends mocked me oftenly. now I knew that it was kinda bullying. and I realize that teens out there still do the bullying to their friends that they think weak. the question is, why they do that? what they get from it? it’s just makes the victims wanna die.
we were born with love and live in love, so why they should make the world become a hell with doing the bullying?

posted about 3 years ago
chellywuzhere
Style_council
chellywuzhere

Most people who bully others have insecurities about themselves.

posted about 3 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

There was a study done that found that bullies actually feel pleasure when they bully other people. As a fellow former victim, I find that very interesting.

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I was also bullied (random acts by near strangers as well as a girl who targeted me for several years) and so I’ve spent a lot of time wondering why it happens.

The typical saying is that “bullies are the victims of other bullies” or “bullies make other people miserable because they are miserable” and sometimes that is true; sometimes bullies have emotional problems or are facing life situations that make them feel powerless, and they want to feel powerful again by hurting others. In other cases, they are jealous and/or insecure and need to put someone down to feel better about themselves.

But studies show that most people who bully actually have average to high self-esteem; they’re otherwise normal, happy people without any emotional problems except that they get enjoyment out of hurting others. Psychologists are still trying to figure out why that is. A couple of theories are that it’s an outdated survival instinct from when ostracizing someone from the group meant more scarce resources (food, etc) for you, or that other people are more likely to side with (or at least not speak against) the “strong” bully rather than the solitary and “weak” victim— out of fear of being bullied themselves, or whatever— and so the bully has their behavior reinforced and never gets called out on it, and then they carry on doing it because it makes them feel powerful and superior.

posted about 3 years ago

shootingstar
Style_council
shootingstar

fear of the out of the norm

(prolly being posted already warning: not for the weak minded)

posted about 3 years ago

Mariele
New_user Mariele is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Mariele reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Mariele

People that do that are just insecure, they believe that if they do that they will create like some fear from others or respect. I think the bully people are in a deeply need of love and attention. They show anger treating other people like crap, they need orientation. They asking for help from the inside behaiving like that.

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Bullies are really pathetic. And it’s so sad how bullying sits right under peoples’ noses but they just take a blind eye. If even the one person stood up to the bully, then others are bound to follow their lead and eventually, everyone would target the bully and the bullying wouldn’t happen anymore. It sounds so easy but when you find yourself in that situation, it’s so difficult to do.

posted about 3 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I get bullied now and I’m too vain to let it affect me.Lol just kidding about the vain part, my mom always warned me as a child that people might be rude to me because of my ethnicity and it’s never happened to me until now. I’ve heard some people in my class say some awful things about people of color or they would say little things behind my back and the class for the most part doesn’t talk to me, they just stare. Never in my life have I been around such ignorant people at one giving time. It makes me annoyed and sometimes angry that I am judged even before I open my mouth.

posted about 3 years ago

thebackstagediva
Style_council
thebackstage...

Because those bullies are WEAK. It’s just their front. It’s just to show they are not at the bottom of the social food chain and that those people they bully are so beneath them.

posted over 2 years ago

VeraciousHeart
Style_council
VeraciousHeart

A person bullies because he/she seeks attention. It is somewhat a defense mechanism so that the person could get noticed even he/she has to do bad things towards others.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION