Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
rainingpaperlilies
Style_council
rainingpaper...

I’m going to spend several days in London and then go touring around Britain for a week after that…..and I know I don’t want to spend my whole trip in jeans. But I have a problem:

I have only a vague sense of the weather, as I’ve heard that summers in Britain can be sort of schizophrenic, so I suppose I’ll have to rely on layers and whatever sense I have. I was planning for lots of tights (possibly printed or colored) neutral colored layers, cardigans/sweaters, comfy dresses and the like.

Also, I’m sort of undecided in the shoe department. I have my white keds which are quite comfortable, but is it reasonable to bring white shoes, and if not, is it worth it to search for a good pair of flat boots, or falll back on my handy red Chucks? What would you guys wear?

Oh, and I leave June 18th. Please offer suggestions!

posted about 5 years ago
frankalank
Style_council
frankalank

If your coming soon, then you’ll need an umbrella and a couple of layers but if it’s more than a week the weather could be anything. Last week was hot but this week is a bit cold, rainy and there’s been some sever thunder. Bring versatile things, it’s easy to get caught out. Mornings aren’t great but my mid day it nearly always gets warm.

posted about 5 years ago

rainingpaperlilies
Style_council
rainingpaper...

Ooh, thanks. I think I may end up buying some sort of flat boot, and a light raincoat.

posted about 5 years ago

DanielleMarie
Style_council
DanielleMarie

Can’t go wrong with flat boots and a raincoat in London! Definitely an umbrella in your bag as well :]
The weather here is completely unpredictable!

posted about 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

A light raincoat or jacket is definetly worth taking as like already said, the weather is very unpredictable, it can be sunny one morning then there could be a huge downpour later in the day. Bring footwear that is suitable for cold and warmer weather and that won’t soak up the rain. Cardigans or jumpers are handy too because it can be warm one minute then a bit chilly if the wind picks up a bit. Skirts would be a good idea because you cna wear them on your own or add tights if it starts to get a bit cold (cause it can sometimes be too hot for jeans and trousers). A big bag would be a good idea too to carry around your umbrella and to put your jacket in when you don’t need it.

posted about 5 years ago

XxAngel_Emz95xX
Style_council
XxAngel_Emz95xX

Very weird weather over here!! It chucked it down this morning, by 4pm it was 25 degrees. Definitely go for layers, that way you can take them off or put them on as required.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION