SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
simplicit
Style_council
simplicit

what age do you think is acceptable for girls to
start wearing heels as an every-day type of thing?
i’m sixteen, and although some of my friends wear
heels everyday, i feel like it’s a bit too much for highschoolers.
i would wear heels once in a while, but when i see
some girls at school wearing 6inch heels, i get an
impression that they’re trying to hard. and is it just me
that finds that when you wear heels, you attract more
eyes towards you? i guess that’s another reason
why i try to stay away from them.

posted almost 6 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

If you’re dressing to impress, then you’re doing it wrong. If you go into your closet, pick up some heels, and they speak to you and make you feel good, then who cares? The rest is moot.

Pink
Style_council
Pink

I think it depends on the occasion, if they’re wearing it everyday then it’s a bit too much. I agree with the trying too hard thing.

cdcp
Style_council
cdcp

Well, i am sixteen too and i wear heels to school. But its not everyday! I only wear them once or twice a week. Im only five feet so it’s kind of cool being a little taller for a change. But i dont wear six inch heels! Everyday? That is definitely trying to hard and crazy stuff.

foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

when i was in highschool i wore those chunky, 4-inch loafer heel things to school. every. day. (it was a catholic school). And now my knees are all f*ed up and I can only wear low heels for any length of time. Save it for when it actually counts.

queenlazy
Style_council
queenlazy

I don’t think that 16 is too young, but like the others say – it depends why they are wearing them.

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

I’m fifteen and I wear heels on weekends, three inches (or sometimes flats) for day time and four inches for night. But for school, pffft I can’t be dealing with heels every day and we have a uniform anyway!

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I realize that I didn’t actually answer the real question here. If you are still growing, you ought to restrict how often you wear heels. Your bones are still growing and your posture (as in your spine) is particularly sensitive to things that alter your stance. I guess the key is to just be reasonable.

Cad
Style_council
Cad

I’m sixteen and I wear heels everyday. At least latley. But they aren’t six inches, just 5-8 cm or something. But theese are my everyday shoes now in the winter, because my mom hid away all my vans and converse(summer shoes). So I have to survive in my heels, but I like it, it gives me a normal hight since I’m really short.

elzabth
Style_council
elzabth

I started wearing heels in jr. high but I kind of…really regret it. It’s probably not the only reason why, but I think it’s one of the major reasons my spine & leg is messed up

but then again- I wore them nearly everyday, especially starting in high school, which was probably too much. i eased off of them a little before going to college, but I still love heels to death-I don’t think wearing heels is “trying too hard” unless you are trying too hard. you can wear heels everyday just because you love and enjoy them-

Rubyz
Style_council
Rubyz

Kids nowaday grow up too fast…but if they’re just wearing heels and not clothing that’s showing off their nonexistent boobs/asses…then it’s fine imo.

alexisthegreat
Style_council
alexisthegreat

i’m 15 & wear heels quite often. no higher than 3 inches though, and not with revealing clothes on. that’s just ick.

posted over 5 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

I think it depends on maturity rather than age… so the way you act and look.
if you’re a fifteen year old that is still running about in parks, then heels are a ridiculous idea, but if you are a fifteen year old who is more mature, and a more mature dresser, then sure.
but I think constant heels are a bad bad idea because when you’re fifteen you’re still growing, and it’s not good for you

posted over 5 years ago

alexisthegreat
Style_council
alexisthegreat

that would be stupid. not only would you look like a psycho, but also the heels would get stuck in the dirt.

posted over 5 years ago

alexisthegreat
Style_council
alexisthegreat

HAHA. i can imagine that. but dude i get my heels stuck in the dirt whenever i use them to school, because when i get picked up my aunt parks near the road so that i’d have to climb up a hill to get to her. geez, lady.

posted over 5 years ago

Chesterography
Style_council
Chesterography

Well, I’m in middle school, and girls here have started wearing kitten heels! ouch.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i wore them from the age of about 12 (not out of the house everyday, i’d wear kitten heels to discos and dances and fancy parties.) . why ? because my aunts used to give us lots of second hand clothing, much of which was INSANE high heels ( not insanely high – i don’t advocate platforms for small children- just insane looking) that were so glamorous. I think i had an innate love of glamour and glitz, hahaha!

as long as you’re not trying to make yourself look like some mini-adult then i see nothing wrong with it.

HOWEVER common sense must be applied, people, and if your feet are still growing you shouldn’t wear 10 inch pointy toed platforms.

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

If they’re not too stripper-ish, I think it’s fine. I would love to get a pair of cute heels to wear whenever because I actually do look more confident while walking in them, but I haven’t gotten around to it. The ones I’ve tried on and liked have ranged from 3ish"-4.5".

posted over 5 years ago

cassiepaige
Style_council
cassiepaige

I think it depends on the outfit and someone’s maturity. I truthfully never wore high heels in high school, but that was only because I sucked at walking with heels, now I wear them maybe 3 or 4 times a week, it really depends. I truthfully think that girls that wear heels everyday should get their flats in once and a while due to the fact that it could lead to leg and back problems!

posted about 5 years ago

XxAngel_Emz95xX
Style_council
XxAngel_Emz95xX

Well I’m not allowed to wear heels to school, but outside school I wear them about once or twice a week, and I’m 13. I don’t think wearing heels is trying too hard, unless they’re really trashy ones, although I think it’s good to wear them with jeans as it tones them down a bit.

posted about 5 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I think whether they look trashy or not depends on the outfit. I support people wearing what they want regardless of what people may think.

posted about 5 years ago

kirstie__s
Style_council
kirstie__s

I couldn’t walk in heels until i was 16 (I had a sort of bambi thing going in for a bit) but now I am known to wear 5 inch heels to uni sometimes, just becuase I feel like it (I’m 18 now btw).
I saw a 9 year old in heels the other day – it was creepy.

posted about 5 years ago

bauss
Style_council
bauss

I don’t think there’s a specific age where it’s like, “Okay, you can wear heels now without looking retarded.” It depends on the person I guess.

I laugh when I see girls wear heels to school. Most of them have no idea how to walk in 4 inchers and just teeter totter down the hallways very slowly.

posted about 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

I think it’s about practicality. I think in high school it’s fun to just dress up for school, but there really is no purpose.
I wear heels and I’m 17, but I wear them when it matches the outfit. I don’t wear them just to wear them. And certainly not all the time. I’m young and I realize I could have major knee/back problems from them later in life.

posted about 5 years ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

I don’t think there’s an age to determine whether or not to wear heels. I think they should be worn on the proper occasions. Wearing heels everyday in high school would be a killer. Even in my high-school, there’d only be 2 girls wearing heels everyday and they risk tripping on the stairs!

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION