Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
strawb3rricc
Style_council
strawb3rricc

a rant about the improper usage of leggings in society. just HAVE to vent.
there’s nothing that irks me more than when I see people wearing sweatshirts with leggings. or skintight tops…with leggings. >.>;
for the sweatshirts – it looks like a flashback to the 80’s…dark times…[sorry if you love 80’s style! remember, just one person’s opinion here]
as to the skintight tops, it’s just a simple matter of balance.
if you wear something tight on the bottom, you should balance it out with something baggy on top.
ex. a flowy dress, a tunic, etc.
leggings, in my opinion, should remain strictly for outfits with dresses, skirts, and the like.
shorts if you can pull it off.
what have you seen leggings be used with? did you like/dislike them? why?

posted over 5 years ago
harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

I’m getting really sick of denim skirts/shorts with leggings, Ugg boots and school hoodies. Really sick.

posted over 5 years ago

dancinqt878
Style_council
dancinqt878

sweat shirts and leggings are ok IF (and only IF) you can pull off the 80’s style. I hate it when girls wear leggings and they dont cover up their butts with a dress or something! I think leggings are just ugly and they cut off your lines (when it makes your legs look shorter then they are).

posted over 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

I don’t like leggings as pants.

Actually, I don’t really like leggings overall. :/

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I wear them with a large t-shirt or 2XL check shirt that is long enough to cover my bum – i have nice legs so it’s alright! – but i agree, with a short top and worn as trousers it’s gross.

posted over 5 years ago

minxehh
Style_council
minxehh

I agree about leggings with jumpers or tight tops, it’s easily the worst thing.. I personally love leggings though, I wear them with oversized shirts and heels or my boyfriends button-up shirts and flats
I think leggings can look cute as long as you cover your butt and the tops of your thighs if you’re a little more, uh, shapely.

posted over 5 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

LOL, I’m wearing legging as pants right now. Hahaha!

I think they’re alright if you dress right for them. Like you said, you have to balance them out with a loose top, one that will cover your lady bits nicely too. I think you need to wear the right shoes with them too. Flats tend to cut you off with leggings, in my opinion. And please get leggings that go all the way down to your ankles. Calf-length leggings are all kinds of unflattering.

posted over 5 years ago

presidentp3
Style_council
presidentp3

i hate it when ppl wear leggings as pants and its clearly unflattering to their body type

posted over 5 years ago

asiak
Style_council
asiak

i HATE when girls wear leggings and their
tops don’t cover their butt. leggings are NOT
meant to be worn that way and makes the
wearer look TRASHY.

honestly, who looks in the mirror
and thinks, “gee, this short frilly
bright yellow top looks great with
my leggings! this way, you can
see my camel toe AND panty line!”
only ridiculous people.

excuse the rant,
but girls in my school do that
far too much and it is horrible.

posted about 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve seen a few people wear wet look leggings with shorter tops and made it look good but for the majority of people and outfits, a short top isn’t flattering and people should stick to long or oversized tops or dresses.

posted about 5 years ago

twinkl
Shop_seller_2 twinkl is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
twinkl

haha pantyline!!!

How about shiny/metallic leggings?

posted about 5 years ago

pinkclouds
Style_council
pinkclouds

i dont like how legging manufacturer’s (ahem, AA) are making leggings out of thicker and thicker material to accomodate this phenomena of wearing leggings as trousers. i tried on a pair the other day, just needing some more basics to replace my wornout pair, and the material was as thick as sweatpants.

posted about 5 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I agree it irkes me when I see ppl wear them as pants leggings are not pants sorry

posted about 5 years ago

colevi
Style_council
colevi

i hate the leggings that have the really detailed print on them. I one time saw a pair that were made to look like jeans. it was horrible. and the floral or animal print doesn’t flatter my tastes too much
I also am not a fan of black leggings that are almost solid almost shear. It looks cheaply made and bad on any kind of legs.

posted about 5 years ago

pammella
Style_council
pammella

I agree one’s bum needs to be covered if you’re wearing leggings – with the right top that’s loose enough and long enough, it’s a great look.

posted about 5 years ago

bauss
Style_council
bauss

SOOO many girls at my school try to pull off the leggings + sweatshirt + uggs look. I want to run at them and shake them violently by the shoulders.

posted about 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

Someone’s got to do it the ugly to way a non-ugly way look even better. :D

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION