Twitter
Googleplus
ixaxaxa
New_user ixaxaxa is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ixaxaxa reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ixaxaxa

hi to all the wonderful people chictopia. oh well guys, i know we all want to be forever young. i guess i’m one of those blessed to look young, but i’m somewhat bothered with my case. i’m 20 but I’m always mistaken to be 10 years old. i’m asian so i’m naturally small, but i’m still below the average height and weight. no matter what i do i always receive the same comment. i’m especially bothered when i apply for work. i can do something with my face, a little make up and raising eyebrows (lol) would somehow help i guess. but i can only put on very little make up. also, i cannot do anything with my body. i’m really petite. bummer anyone who’s got the same dilemma?

posted about 3 years ago
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I dont have the same problem but I wouldnt see it as a dilemma. Looking young may seem like a dilemma now but once everyone gets wrinkles you wont think twice about looking young as being a dilemma. I think you should embrace being petite. You stand out in a crowd. Who really wants to blend in with everyone else.

posted about 3 years ago

SouffleGirl
Style_council
SouffleGirl

I have the same issue, 4’11", Thai-Chinese American and I’m 21. So bigger issue is always taking out my ID when I go drinking with friends. I don’t really do anything to TRY to make myself look older, it’s flattering that we’ll stay young for a damn long time.

But if you do want to look older, it’s all about how you carry yourself. Be confident. Make up does help. And if you know what younger girls look like, try to stray away from their style.

I use to tell my underclassmen in high school that I knew which girls were freshmen because they dyed their hair, (usually black to blonde, for Asians) and after she got out of freshmen year, she dyed her hair back to black or a more natural color. We had a new batch of girls come in and BAM blonde hair. (This was in the mid 2000’s, it might still apply but it’s a bit iffy if it does.)

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Ahhh being small sucks. I know how you feel. People always mistaken me for being 12. Which is so weird to me! It’s like why would a 12 year old be trying to get a job or be trying to buy a pack of cigarettes? Give me a break haha. Just check my ID and let me go on my way. And when people want to comment on my size and how I look, I get mouthy by saying something like duh, I have a mirror, I look at myself everyday, I know how I look idiot haha but in the end I would rather look young then be mistaken for being 35 when I am 18 :p I wouldn’t dwell on it too much. Dress the way you want to dress and do whatever you want to do without feeling like someone is going to think you are 10. There are a lot of women out there who look young, but if you are of age, it shouldn’t stop you from doing what you feel like doing! Also, when it comes to clothes, it can be hard to find clothing that fits your size and shape. I would suggest making your own clothes! You can tailor every piece of clothing to your own unique figure. If you are not the arts and crafts type of person, if you know someone or have a tailor near you, I would consider that as well. So, if you see something at a store you like in the smallest size possible and it still doesn’t fit right, it is very simple to have it tacked in the places that don’t fit snug to you body. I hope this helps! :)

posted about 3 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I suggest you read this blog: www.extrapetite.com

She gives great tips on how to look older and a lot of it is in the way you dress and present yourself.

posted about 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m not incredibly tiny (5’3") but I definitely look younger than 18. However, I like to think that I carry myself more maturely than other girls my age, which obviously makes a huge difference.

Don’t let it get to you – by the time we’re 40, we’ll love looking young!

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I don’t really have the same problem, but I do look younger without makeup. just dress in a way that’s more mature, which I’m sure you do already—if you dress like someone in their early 20’s, I doubt you’ll be mistaken for a 10-year-old :). just play around with makeup—stick to something that looks clean and professional, esp. for your job interviews.
the youtube guru frmheadtotoe is super petite and skinny, but you’d never mistake her for a 10-year old—maybe you can take inspiration from her outfits?

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Look younger?

If you are 18-25, you ARE young. So, you will look young. Judging by your pics, none of you look 12, you just look your age, which is young.
Don’t let a few bad judgements get to you.

posted about 3 years ago

helenduschko
New_user helenduschko is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When helenduschko reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
helenduschko

hi, I’m not small, I’m middle. some years ago ppl thought i was just a teen, but I was 18 years. It annoyed me but when I changes my hairstyle and its color, the whole style in clothes- everythin’ was changed too. mow I’m 21 and unknown strangers think me the same age. so, u can just try 2 experiment with ur outfit, haircolor and may b u’ll not look so young

posted about 3 years ago

passiveaggressive
Style_council
passiveaggre...

Hey! I am petite too. Fortunately, western guys like petite asian girls :D When you have a job interview, you can wear tight or small sized outfits so you dont look small anymore. But i must confess that when I go to casual outfits (flat shoes or sandals, t-shirt, pants, back pack and no make up) people think I am much younger :|

posted about 3 years ago

ak68
New_user ak68 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ak68 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ak68

Think of your Mom. That’s me. I’m 53 and not really sure how I signed up to get Chictopia emails. However, I saw this topic and thought I would add my two cents. Thank goodness for parents and their good genes they blessed me with. People tell me all the time that I look 35. When I was in my early 20’s I thought people did not take me seriously because I was short and young looking. I learned through the years that no matter what you look like, if you don’t take yourself seriously, no one else will. Be thankful for your young looks and keep yourself young at heart so you can enjoy doing fun things like going down water slides with your grandkids when you get my age.

posted about 3 years ago

ixaxaxa

10 points - Become a fan

ixaxaxa

whoa, now i’m loving all the responses :) would say i could really relate to OmniDimensional …been busy job hunting these past few weeks hence the late reply and it does suck esp when i’m compelled to convince people that i’m age appropriate for the job. of course i’d normally ignore them but sometimes there are just those who actually want me to convince them of my age, like it’s some thesis that i have to defend. and im not even supposed to do that, right?

posted about 3 years ago

ixaxaxa

10 points - Become a fan

ixaxaxa

LifeisShort i hear you :) ah that ID stuff. it never fails, eh? my friends tell me i should stick to clothes that younger girls wear since they look more appropriate to me. maybe that’s what im doing wrong. but the thing is i have tried wearing something more mature looking but i think it didn’t work. will try to experiment a little more next time i guess.

PeachyPanda, newamericanclassic thanks for all the helpful links. im checking on them now. esp extrapetite.com. lovin it.

MiuSan i do look younger. wait till i change my avatar :) 4’11 and like 20pounds underweight. spell skinny :)

ak68 hi, we’re both new here. and im loving ur response :) from 53 to 35? that’s amazing. you guys are right maybe i just don’t realize it by now, but years from now i definitely want to be like ak68 :D and confidence is really the word, i guess. so maybe next time if someone won’t believe that i’m 20 i’ll just be feisty enough to punch them in the face :) jk. thanks for all the responses.

posted about 3 years ago

LsmaKokina
New_user LsmaKokina is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When LsmaKokina reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
LsmaKokina

Well, I feel your pain, though I’m not short (5 feet 8 inches), so it’s not always height that makes you look young. In my case I’m almost 25 and some people think I look 10 years younger. It’s sometimes annoying but you have to look on the bright side-trust me, it’s not cool to look older when you’re in your twenties, too. Which refers to proving something for potential employers- as long as you appear to be intelligent and don’t get annoyed by their comments, I don’t see a problem. Just be yourself and show them your knowledge to clear their doubts!

posted about 3 years ago

nitab
Style_council
nitab

heyy ixaxaxa, im 15 absolutley young years old…. and lets jus say i look more developed and older than the average 15 year old today. I’ve been mistaken for being the mother of my older sister, and been hit on by men much older than me , because they think im way older. Now im not saying that attracting the attention of the guy that i like that is say..4 or 5 years older than me is a bad thing but, a guy 6 to 10 years older than me is not cute. So i have no clue as to what it may be to feel younger because apparently im “older than i look”.. Lol :P

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION