Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mavielle
Style_council
mavielle

so if ur engaged, how did your bf propose? and r u content? cus i read in a statistic that 80% of women r unsatisfied w/ the way thier fiance proposed :/

posted over 4 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

oh i wish :) someday i’d love to be proposed to in paris under the eiffel tower. of course i don’t know how this information is going to get to my bf but maybe. just maybe :)

posted over 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

haha I think most people on this site are too young to be engaged or married but this is a really interesting topic! As for that statistic, I think some women are just too picky. Personally, I don’t care if I don’t get a fancy proposal, I just want a sincere proposal and a happy and longlasting marriage =) really I don’t even care if I don’t get an engagement ring

posted over 4 years ago

IndigoWhisper
Style_council
IndigoWhisper

Hehe, although I’m twenty I’m engaged , he asked me in a very interesting way…it was very unusual :) We lived in different towns for a year, once I came to visit him and sleep over, it was spring time, we saw a beautiful blooming tree in front of the theater and decided to stand under it ans kiss, and so we did. All of the sudden a gypsy little girl came along and started shaking the branches of the tree so the flowers were falling on us, she yelled that because we are so in love she is marrying us with this tree. And so she did. That’s when e decided to get engaged. All because of that little girl:) This happened last year.

posted over 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

indigo that is a fantastic story! aww congrats to you!!!!

posted over 4 years ago

insheepsclothes
Style_council
insheepsclothes

my husband is a photographer and that day he took me back to the monterey aquarium, which was one of the first places we went to together. then we went to the beach in carmel, where he insisted on walking far away from all the crowds. when i got impatient and insisted we had to leave or be late meeting people for dinner, he got down on one knee to pick up his camera bag and took out a black lacquer box with the ring in it. he said he’d wanted to ask me in the aquarium, but was so scared he had to go to the bathroom and throw up.

the best thing he did, though, was go all the way to the philippines for five days just to formally ask my family (as tradition dictates) for their blessing. he came back jetlagged, tired and sick, but said he’d do it a hundred times over if it meant keeping me.

posted over 4 years ago

fauxfur
Style_council
fauxfur

Aww insheepsclothes, how adorable! :)

posted over 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

aww insheepsclothes that is soo sweet!

posted over 4 years ago

hrehughesx
Style_council
hrehughesx

awwwww! :’)

posted over 4 years ago

keogan42
Style_council
keogan42

my father was suddenly diagnosed with terminal cancer and only given a couple of weeks to live so my now-husband flew in to get his permission to marry me before he died. it was really important and special to my dad. a few months later, after he had passed away, my boyfriend and i met up in NYC for a weekend visit, as i was still at home with my mother helping her with everything. it was a beautiful day so we strolled around central park until we got to “shakespeare’s gardens”. he then got down on one knee—which i promptly pulled him up from since i was embarrassed!—and asked me to marry him. i said yes, had some pictures taken, and a year later we were married :)

posted over 4 years ago

HeadFirst
Style_council
HeadFirst

awww! all these stories are so sweet<3>s really unique, and special :)

posted over 4 years ago

squids
Style_council
squids

He asked me in the livingroom and the next day we went ring shopping. It was totally unromantic but I have zero regrets. The marriage itself is so much more important than the proposal. He had been threatening to propose in public at a huge sporting event which would have made me die from embarrassment, so low key was much more preferable.

posted over 4 years ago

The_Artist_Eye
Style_council
The_Artist_Eye

My now husband knew how much my family’s approval meant to me so unbeknownst to me he came and picked up my dad for lunch and talked it over with him and got his blessing. The following Saturday was our one year anniversary and we had plans to go to the restaurant where we had our first date. He came over to pick me up and like usual my parents talk sit and talk to him when he comes over.

So they start talking about our past year of dating and how my parents 25th year was coming up and what it takes to make a great marriage and what their commitment was all about (at this point I kept looking at the time and saying “Hey aren’t you guys going to be late for your thing?” "What time are our reservations?) At that point Justin turns to me and says “And I’m committed to you.” he grabs my hand (I thought it was weird that it was shaking lol) and gets on one knee. Then he starts telling me how much he loves me and how he’s seen me cry, he’s seen me laugh and he’s seen me mad. And he realized how I had all the qualities he was looking for in a wife. I started thinking uhhhh…why is he saying this in front of my parents????

It wasn’t until I saw the ring that I realized what was going on! I definitely cried. My mom even got pictures. And we toasted with champagne. Of course I said yes and we got married 10 months later (we’ve been married three months now!)

Oh and my engagement ring was his great grandmother’s ring which made it soo special.

:-)

posted over 4 years ago

SkinnyStyle
Style_council
SkinnyStyle

not engaged. or married. or anything. lol

posted over 4 years ago

ThatCleverRedhead
Style_council
ThatCleverRe...

My fiance proposed to me in my apartment as we were getting ready for a romantic dinner date. He said he was going to wait until dinner but couldn’t hold it in while watching me get ready. :P It was really romantic and kept telling me how beautiful I am.

I actually posted up part of my engagement photos on my blog here if you guys want to check them out!

posted about 4 years ago

TohruLee
Style_council
TohruLee

My fiancee proposed Christmas morning. We always open little presents, and then, the last present is “the special present.” I opened it up and it was a great big hardcover book, by an author I really don’t like much, with a piece of green ribbon tied around it.
My husband and I had several conversations about how much I didn’t like this author, so I was really disappointed and confused and then I realised that for a hardcover book, it was really light, so I took the ribbon off and looked inside – He had hollowed out the book (Which he later said took him about 5 hours to do!) and inside was a small jewelery box – which of course, contained an engagement ring.
He is very good at surprise presents and that was definitely the best one. :D

posted about 4 years ago

The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

My fiance carved the words “Will U Marry Me” inside a 2 foot by 1 foot heart in a giant oak tree. I wasn’t wearing a speck of make-up and it was freezing and raining and I was wearing his old work clothes, but it was the most beautiful, romantic moment of my life.

He had taken three days to carve it, with the flu and in the rain. It is still in the tree and every summer we walk down to the tree to see it. I hope the words remain long after we are gone.

posted almost 4 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

We submitted our story to a local cake shop for our wedding, and we ended up winning a free cake for our wedding, so there’s a longer version out there . . .

Basically . .
He started off with
. . . “Three years ago on this day, I kissed you for the first time. It was then that I knew that I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life . . .”

He took me out to dinner on the 3rd year anniversary of our first kiss. He’s really good with dates. My parents already knew that he was going to do it, but they kept their mouths shut pretty well. I was crying. :)

SilviaTirado
Style_council
SilviaTirado

Very simple, at a restaurant on a Friday night, nothing fancy! Simplicity is key!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION