Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

im using nicotine gum,its actually helping but i cant quit for good,i smoke 3 or 4 cigarretes a day

posted over 1 year ago
AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Smoking really is a “habit”. At work over the course of a 9 hour work day I smoke 4 cigarettes. Yet at home I am pretty much a chain smoker.

Just try to avoid sitations that cause you the most desire to smoke. Withdrawal – I hear it gets easier but at first yes you fixate and crave.

Once you are to a point where you have not had a single one for a few days or weeks, do NOT, repeat, do NOT tell yourself “just one” cause then you are hooked all over again. I once quit for a month, got bored, decided “just one” would not hurt… Been a proud addict again every since.

They say those stupid e-cigarettes are suppose to be good but if that were the case, you would not see a tiny display of those right next to 1,000 packs of real cigarettes.

posted over 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yes im avoiding everything that causes stress,i dont argue for example i just left or i dont wait in lines in supermarkets……i had to go to a program for quitting its really an art as they say “the art of living without smoking”

posted over 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I’ve heard going on vacation can make it way easier! First, you’re having fun and have a chance to relax. Second, you’re out of your normal routine, which makes quitting easier. Just keep trying different cessation tricks until you find one that works for you!

posted over 1 year ago

misstiem
Style_council
misstiem

I used to smoke cigarettes, not so much “addicted” to it but it became a habit for me. Now, I use those electronic cigarettes which to me are NOTHING like a cigarette but I guess it really distracts you with the whole physicality and routine of a cigarette.

posted over 1 year ago

JeannieRichard
Shop_seller_2 JeannieRichard is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
JeannieRichard

my other half, richard’s been smoking since he was 12 and have been trying to quit since the past 8 years. he’s tried gum/patches before too and it actually is far worse than smoking as the nicotine intake is non-stop straight into your blood stream as compared to taking your puffs. he’s also tried zyban which was the worst because it made him really manic depressive. then he just tried going cold turkey, which was better because he lasted longer without nicotine in his system than the other 2 methods. I suppose, its a matter of not giving up trying to quit – because each time you try, it’s a different experience and you learn something new – on how to cope without nicotine when you are faced with stress emotionally, physically or mentally. It’s like learning a new life skill because you’ve been dependent on the cigarettes before, and now you are learning to be independent of it. keep trying :)

posted over 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

thanks for all your replies,the last news here are that i started to wake up in the middle of the night craving for a smoke,been strong for a couple of days but now im smoking again .not too much but again :(

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION