oliviab
Style_council
oliviab

what do you think

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I wasn’t particularly excited about mine; I didn’t even go junior year and then senior year I went with a group of friends, sat around and ate snacks, danced a little bit, took this pretty picture , and went right home right when it ended. It was meh.

The existence of prom doesn’t bother me, though; it seems like it can be a lot of fun if you make it fun, and there’s nothing inherently wrong with it.

However, I will say I’ve always been a little perplexed by proms that cost $100 to attend (ours was $15, and I thought that was expensive enough, thank you very much!) and the kids that blow hundreds more on the dress, shoes, the Hummer limo. I also don’t much like the sex-and-booze culture that has come to surround it, where girls plan to lose their virginity that night (uncreative much?) and frankly dangerous stuff occasionally goes down at some of the afterparties.

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

OOOh my prom (5 years ago) was pretty ok!! It started off horrible! Nothing went as planned!! But it turned out great!! A night to remember!!
after prom, we all went to this club! and it was sooo fun! Even though everyone was looking at us cuz we were all in our dresses and the guys w/ their tux’s!

Ahhhh…Good time, Good timeS!!!

posted over 4 years ago

fashionequalsLOVE
Style_council
fashionequal...

Prom is a wonderful expierence, its a time to celebrate the good time, laugh about the foolish mistakes in the past, and prepare for your future

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m not sure I want to go this year. The only reason I’d want to is because I have a really pretty vintage dress I’d love to wear… and I found a great pair of shoes at Aldo (but haven’t purchased them). I don’t think the whole finding a date thing is totally worth it though.

posted over 4 years ago

OneWordRavishing
Style_council
OneWordRavis...

well i think prom is important, its your last hoorah in highschool. But lately i’ve noticed that alot of seniors aren’t too hype about prom… But i am. I’ve been waiting for prom since like 3rd grade lol. I’m getting a custom made dress thats i designed and i’m extremely anxious :)

posted over 4 years ago

JalisaRiley
Style_council
JalisaRiley

omg im so excited i just went and picked out my dress for prom hope everything goes well

posted over 4 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I’m so excited for mine! Mostly for the shopping for my dress and shoes, and getting ready. I think it’s such a girly thing to do with my mum.
Mine is quite informal. It’s more of a party/dance. So no ball gowns!
I’ve shopped around a little for my dress, but we’re going dres shopping soon! I can’t wait.

posted over 4 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

A waste of money. I didn’t go to mine because technically I didn’t have one. I switched from the main school to an alternative one senior year.

posted over 4 years ago

PaperGownSM
Style_council
PaperGownSM

i loved my prom – i wore a very simple black column gown that i still love (5 years later) – i was afraid i’d regret not getting something shiny & pouffy, but i’m so happy i didn’t! classic all the way. my boyfriend & i had just broken up so i went with a friend and he was the absolute BEST date i ever had!

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Prom is good for dressing up and dancing really close to some sexy guy. And for snapping candid or scheduled photos w/ your friends. Otherwise…it’s kind of a thing you should only do once in your life or not do at all if you don’t have someone else to share it with. Despite this, I did have fun at my prom cuz my bf was w/ me and we made fun of all the things I hated about my HS. (like how everyone thinks they’re ghetto-fabulous but they squee w/ delight when “Sweet Home Alabama” comes on. wtf?) Also, don’t eat the food at your prom. Go out someplace else or eat at home before. Also also, just go home w/ your gal pals or prom date after prom. Don’t party anywhere. It will either be lame or full of drama…or both if your date gets a speeding ticket when you leave the After Prom shindig. lol

(Note me if you need a prom dress on the cheap I have more than a few formal & semi-formal dresses I’m gonna sell.)

posted over 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

i went to senior prom and had a blast!!!! did my own hair and makeup and borrowed a dress from my sister

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

Honestly, the best thing about prom was getting all dressed up! Prom wasn’t the greatest, but afterwards was…Had a BIG sleepover with all my friends and stayed up all night long! Def. should plan something big for afterwards, it makes it so much fun! :D

posted over 4 years ago

katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

i loved my senior prom! i had a blast with all my friends. my boyfriend who had already graduated didn’t want to take me to the prom, so i went with a group of my friends and we all had a great time. i’d suggest not going to prom with some random guy that asks you or that you ask because you have a crush on him. if you want to really have fun, forget about getting a date, and go with your friends.

posted over 4 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

My dress cost me 15 dollars cause it was on sale and clearence. But the tickets were like 60 bucks. I thought prom was kinda dumb but I did have fun with my date.

posted over 4 years ago

KillaHilla
Style_council
KillaHilla

Honestly, the only thing I like about prom is getting dressed up! I can’t dance to save my life, so it’s all about putting on a pretty dress, having my hair and makeup done, going out to dinner and being with my friends.

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I LOVED Prom. But it wasn’t the dance itself that was fun. It was all the before and after stuff. I got my dress in January, when prom was in June. I got my dress for $150, rather than the $500 it was originally.

When I got my hair and make-up done it was with my mom and sister rather than with my friends and it was AWESOME.

Then i had dinner and pictures on the beach with my friends and date. It was gorgeous. Also my date paid for my ticket, and dinner.

We all drove in our cars to prom because we had dinner at the same place that prom was held.

Prom itself wasn’t that fun. We didn’t even dance. We hung around with friends and talked. We even left early. I think its because we couldnt wait to PARTY. Which was actually the best part.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION