Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

hey guys, i was just wondering if anybody here has tried online dating and how it went for them.
i’m just now trying it out and i was also wondering if any of you guys have any tips or know which sites are good.

posted almost 4 years ago
photoboothkiller
Style_council
photoboothki...

My two friends got together through OKcupid and they’ve been living together for 2 years! I like OKcupid and used it before I met my boyfriend, it’s free and there aren’t so many really sleazy guys on there.

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I personally have never tried it but theres no harm trying it out and seeing if its right for you. Personally I think it would be a bit awkward when meeting for the first time.

jeepneysoul
Style_council
jeepneysoul

met my husband thru the internet. no harm in trying. just be safe.

whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

To be honest, I’m not a big fan.
I’ve had two friends try it out before, and it worked out alright for them, however it’s not my cup of tea.
But ya never know.
And like jeepneysoul said, be safe!

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

be safe. my best friend’s sis is engaged to someone she met online. so i guess it works!

YchieRiot
Style_council
YchieRiot

I also have a friend from Hongkong who met a guy in through OKcupid,now they’re married with two kids!!! =) but just be careful mate..xoxo

Bettibop
Style_council
Bettibop

My coworker met her husband on the internet and they’re a really great match for each other. It’s great to hear all these perspectives though…I’m always iffy about it but you never know. It sounds like it works out pretty well!

IvyFab
Style_council
IvyFab

i first met my boyfriend on the internet before i finally knew him in person..

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

I met someone off the net when I was a freshman in HS…bad idea! But, my sister met her husband through a friend on Myspace. If you are OLD ENOUGH [i.e. 18+], then it is your decision. Make sure you tell someone or have someone go with you!!! I am weary of it, though.

inthenameoffashion
Style_council
inthenameoff...

Ive never dated online and i think its a bad idea. Because people can say anything and act as though they are anyone. Sadly to say back in high school a few af my friends and myself messed with a few guys badly. Oneof the guys was in love with us just because we acted like we were a attractive grown woman with the intentions of starting a real relationship. Its just a bad idea.

charchelle27
Style_council
charchelle27

it depends, i think it’s ok when you have met him in person then start talking online :) but make sure it’s not some stranger you’re talking to

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I met my boyfriend online. Not a dating site but a forum/message site. We’ve been together 15 months.

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

I’ve tried it several times

Last time wasn’t too bad, but I decided that it wasn’t for me… I miss the excitement of meeting someone spontaneously and just don’t know what to expect at the beginning… when you date online, you already know you’re both looking, it takes away the surprise effect for me :) but I DO know a lot of people who met their significant others through there and loved it :)

stephanielynette
Style_council
stephanielyn...

I met my boyfriend online too, but it wasn’t a dating site. We had actually graduated from the same high school, but 5 years apart. We talked online for 2 months before deciding to meet, and when we did meet for that first time, he just stopped by my work so we could talk for a while. After that, we started talking on the phone, then a week later had our first date :)

stephanielynette
Style_council
stephanielyn...

and, I’ve heard OK Cupid is a good site too :)

Ridz_Patrick
Style_council
Ridz_Patrick

keep it old school

happie
Style_council
happie

I would never do this… seems too iffy for me

tequiLaShots
Style_council
tequiLaShots

maybe it’ll be fun, however be very careful with those guys who r just using other pictures and making fake profiles just to impress girls. try to get to know the guy better and if possible just like Nonesushi said, “keep it old school”. Nonetheless, how will you know that something might work for you if you will not give it a try. Remember, just to always keep it real. ;)

TruthCollection
Shop_seller_2 TruthCollection is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
TruthCollection

I don’t think it’s for me! If you’re going to do it…just be SAFE!

http://www.abovethenaveldaily.com/

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION