Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
joyimani
Style_council
joyimani

ALL MY LIFE I HAVE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS….AND I TRIED TO PURSUE THIS DREAM BUT IT NEVER REALLY DEVELOPED ….. I STILL WANT TO BE AN ACTRESS BUT HOW CAN I DO THAT WHEN I LIVE IN A PART OF THE COUNTRY THAT DOESNT GIVE ME ANY HOPE FOR OPPORTUNITY…. NOW THAT THIS DREAM HAS PASSED IN MY LIFE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY FUTURE??? IM TOTALLY DUMBFOUNDED IN THIS HUGE WORLD!!!

posted almost 4 years ago
mjk3491
Style_council
mjk3491

how about college? that will open doors for you!

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

How old are you? Have you considered going to school in theater or film? Like mjk3491 says, getting a degree will open doors, not just because of the education but because you network with people who are in the industries. It’s especially good if you can attend a school that is in a central location for the film or theater industries.

That said, with Internet, these days you don’t have to live in LA or NYC to get noticed. Look for opportunities to act in amateur films in your area. (I grew up in a fairly small town but there were still sometimes ads in the paper about needing extras for films being shot there, often with small speaking roles you could try out for). You could also try making your own low-budget films for the purpose of showcasing your acting. Post them to YouTube or submit them to contests, anything that will get your talents seen.

But don’t be discouraged even if you don’t “make it big” or feel like you have to move on to something else as your career. If you really love acting, you can find ways to act for the rest of your life even if you still have to have a “day job.” Make home movies or video series to post in YouTube with your friends. Try out for local theater productions. Personally I know I will never make it in movies or on Broadway or anything, but I still enjoy drama as a hobby.

HanahTahir
Style_council
HanahTahir

there are lots of workshops that offer them for people who would wanna be actors/actresses. why not go for them?

nylon1
Style_council
nylon1

Life can be that way sometimes,but it’s ever you do something you love or you let others influence you out of following your dreams. Remember we only have one life to live….so make the best of it <3

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION