Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
flattery
Style_icon
flattery

Okay, I love high heels just as much as the next girl, and am constantly buying them, but it seems like they just sit in my closet. The only time I wear them is SOMETIMES to school ( which ends up being a nightmare, because my feet ache horribly by the end of the day ), and out to dinner. I can never wear them shopping, and really don’t have many formal events to attend.

Looking through photos on here, some girls have crazyyy high shoes, and if you have a pair of particularly high shoes my question is as follows:
Do you really wear them day-to-day, or is it just for the photo? If so, is there anything that anyone can do to allow for more comfort? (inserts? i’ve never tried anything like this) Does buying the more expensive shoe promise more comfort?

Advice please!

posted over 5 years ago
lalalaluvly
Style_council
lalalaluvly

hey! I just noticed this post, and I’m actually having the same problem. I don’t have a lot of heels however, and thats because they HURT.

But if anyone else on here have tried inserts in their flats or heels before…please let us know how they work for you!

Also, I’ve noticed that whenever I wear heels and they hurt (all my heels are at least 4 inches) Its because of the pressure at the balls of my feet. I’m not entirely sure that inserts can fix this, but I think you could talk to a foot doctor? I’m actually looking into this since I have wide/flat feet…sigh the deformity of me…

posted over 5 years ago

silentscary
Style_council
silentscary

well, I think that certain kinds of heels are more comfortable than others…
shoes that have a heel AND a platform below the toes can sometimes mean less of an arch,-thus less pain on the balls of your feet- while still being pretty high. I have a pair of wedges like that, and just the other day I spent all day shopping and wandering around the city (you can see them in my latest post)…. my feet didn’t start to hurt at all until I was walking home anyway.

oh yea, try to limit wearing the more painful shoes out on shorter occasions…. like going to dinner or the movies, or some place where you can count on doing some sitting.

posted over 5 years ago

elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

I’ve found that inserts usually help some, but it mostly depends on the shoes.
It does help to break the shoe in first, too. I’ve found a good way to do that is to wear them to go grocery shopping. That way, you know how the shoes will react on slippery tile floor (most supermarkets have this). And if you push around the cart, this will help you with balance issues.

posted over 5 years ago

Anj
Style_council
Anj

i’ve only just started wearing heels 4 the past few months, and have spent quite a handful of money on them. i recommend topshop shoes as they have pretty comfortable & slightly soft padding

-i wore the platform ones i bought from topshop when i went to London for a whole day&survived. Although i’d try em on and walk around the shop for a bit b4 purchasing coz they are not the cheapest when it comes to high street shoes.

I’ve got these leather insoles from Aldo & they work perfectly for me. I’d try breaking into the shoes youve already got though, jst be sure to bring flats with you if youre wearing them the whole day to break em in (works for me :P). if all else fails, id jst sell em on ebay…

hope i helped:D

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 37089 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 37089 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I think most women have the same problem and there seems to be a taboo about talking about it – we don’t want people to know how much we suffer for fashion because when you think about it, it’s pretty ridiculous. But I sympathize with you because I also adore heels – they just look great and really sexy, make your feet and legs look fabulous, change the way you stand/posture. It depends on the shoe as to how they will hurt (whether pressure on the ball of the foot, or rubbing causing blisters at the heel or sides of the feet, etc) but I would say most heels do become uncomfortable after a certain time period (the higher the heel, the less time they are comfortable). I usually buy high heels a half size bigger and stuff the ball of the foot with half insoles and wear them around the house first to break them in but besides that there’s not much you can do to make them more comfy.

I usually wear flats – if I’m doing a lot of walking, e.g. shopping, it’s not practical to wear heels. At work I sit at a desk most of the day so I can wear heels if I so choose, though today I opted for flat riding boots. When I go out at night (or during the day for a nice brunch or something) I like wearing heels so my trick is to bring a big chic bag and stash a pair of flip flops or flat Keds (this obviously doesn’t work so much in the winter, but it’s fine in the fall/spring/summer)! I’ll wear the flats en route and then change into the heels when I’m near my destination!

posted over 5 years ago

Bonitapplebaumm
Style_council
Bonitapplebaumm

i dont use inserts or anything, and i wear heels EVERYDAY. mostly because i am 5’1’’ and feel short around everyone, but i do love shoes! i dont really think price has anything to do with comfort but a lot of my more expensive shoes are more comfier. also wedges are amazingly comfortable. and like amanderrrr said platform!

posted over 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

ok. i wear heels a lot and i refuse to wear something that’s not comfortable, so here’s my experience. i agree with the other ladies who are stressing the platform. the most comfortable heels for me are actually platform wedges. if you get a shoe with a 1" platform, then they will be much less steep. i can’t walk in shoes with a heel higher than 4" and i will only wear those types of shoes if i am going out to a fancy dinner or something (or else i just don’t buy them). otherwise, i make sure my daily shoes are 3" or 4", preferably with a platform. also, a gel insert that you place at the ball of the foot makes all the difference and also helps to hold your foot in place when wearing an open toe.

if i am wearing a suspect pair of heels i will always bring back-up flats, or if i know i am doing lots and lots of walking, i will just wear flats or a very low heel. this might sound odd, but another suggestion is to bring some vaseline in your bag in case your new shoes rub you the wrong way. lip balm works in a bind! just rub it on the skin where you’re getting irritated. i know it’s odd, but it will help you avoid getting blisters!

otherwise, as some people have mentioned, foot pain can be caused by other problems with the way you walk and are probably best addressed by a podiatrist. many people have issues with this and it can usually be corrected with prescribed inserts.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 37089 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 37089 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

calivintage – you are so right about vaseline/lip balm. it really helps to relieve chafing and avoid blisters! there is a product made for this purpose – band-aid’s blister block https://www.bandaid.com/couponBlisterBlock.jsp but honestly if you look at the ingredients the main one is vegetable shortening so you may as well be using crisco!

posted over 5 years ago

puuki
Style_council
puuki

I actually wear heels almost day-to-day from 3 to 5 inches. They’re not really an issue especially on a weekday at work because I’m always in front of a computer most of the time and never having to walk around a lot. All my heels are chunky with inserts too.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If I wear heels I take a pair of flats for walking and just wear the heels when I’m not walking long distances. Though if I wear wedges I’ll wear those all day. They’re the best type of high shoe for walking in, a lot less painful on the balls of your feet than heels are.

posted over 5 years ago

presidentp3
Style_council
presidentp3

Depends on how much walking I have to do that day and what types of surfaces will I be walking on. The more you wear them though, you get used to the feeling and it doesnt really hurt. Less tapered shoes are more comfortable and so are open toed shoes, and wedges are the easiest. I wear heels almost everyday.

posted about 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

OKay, I wear heels and work in fashion. Therefore, you must keep your heels on all day and act as if your feet don’t hurt at all. Anyway, there are these great inserts that I have in over half my shoes and I swear by them. They are Apara footwear and you need to check them out. They will solve any shoe problem that you have.

http://tinyurl.com/cry2mn

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION