SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
channierie
Style_council
channierie

for chictopia – that is..

so you’ll konw, im only 14 and i don’t live exactly in the metro.. but sort of.. :)

i do think there’s a certain age bracket to limit me from being fashionable and from being in chictopia, but i am very shy and uncomfortable of showing myself, especially when it comes to fashion..people stares at me like: “she too young for that” and all, and i get really conscious cause i feel like im being someone that’s inappropriate for my age..

and im thinking of quitting chictopia! which, i dont really want to do. i love chictopia. but i guess i need more time to think,

i need you advice
please help me..

check out my ChicBlog
and my BLOG

thank you so much .xoxo

posted about 8 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Hey! Don’t feel so bad. And whatever you do DO NOT DO NOT quit chictopia! There are lots of younger members on here, and once, I struggled with people thinking I was odd for dressing so mature for my age. As you grow up, you’ll find that your style will just grow with you!

And Chictoipa isn’t just about showing your outfits. You don’t HAVE to post, honey! There are lots of members who are just very active in the forums and are just as loved and accepted by the community. Stay here, and then when you feel comfortable posting, and you feel confident that you’ve found where you feel comfortable iin your own skin and style, post!

There is no age bracket. You may be young, but everything gets better with time. And just because your peers dont’ have a sense of style, doesn’t mean you should quit having one! I remember being twelve, thirteen and fourteen reading seventeen magazine!

And you’re “Don’t Look At Me Like That.” post here was really great. You have a wonderful style and it’s not like you’re dressing provocatively :) you look great, really.

<3

stay here, grow, and be confident :)

posted about 8 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I agree, don’t leave! There are a lot of younger members here who probably don’t reveal their age for the same reason you are resistant. This is more like a learning community than anything else and everyone is extremely helpful and supportive!

If you don’t ever feel like posting an outfit (I rarely do because I don’t have a camera) then you don’t have to, but if you do, we’re all here for positive support and constructive criticism :)

ps: I wish I was cool enough to know about Chictopia when I was 14…. I was still wearing butterfly clips in my hair at that age!

posted about 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Of course I want to encourage you to stay and grow on Chictopia, but if you’re truly uncomfortable here I hate to say it but you should trust your gut )-: We would be sad to see you go but if you don’t feel right doing something, you shouldn’t force it. Remember that you can always come back to it if you change your mind. I think it will still be here!

However, if your concern is just that you’re too young, I agree with everyone else that there’s no reason to be intimidated! There are other 14-year-olds on Chictopia, and some girls even younger. Style is for all ages, and looking at your page I only wish I dressed as well as you do at your age! I don’t think you are getting ahead of yourself, either; nothing I can see on your blog seems like you are dressing too mature or provocatively.

As kelllosaurus said, if you’re just uncomfortable with posting your own pictures, there are lots of other ways to participate on Chictopia, from posting inspiration, chatting in the forums, or just perusing the other outfits to get ideas.

But whatever you decide, make sure you are totally comfortable with that decision. Make your choices for you, not what other people expect of you. Good luck!

posted about 8 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I think it’s courageous to submit your looks to the huge fashion community here. I know it can be daunting sometimes, but hey, I’m 20 and I still look your age :D It’s about the same. People often criticize me for looking so young but it’s not my fault I don’t age that fast.

I’m sure you’re a mature girl and even if your friends, people on Chictopia, or family members don’t support your love for fashion, it doesn’t matter. I’m studying for med school and I still have time to dress up and take pictures. We all need hobbies!

posted about 8 years ago

MelodyHarmonyGarcia
Style_council
MelodyHarmon...

Don’t listen to others. Being a top fashionable at a young age is very cool .. Just train and train. And if you do love this,you shouldn’t be quitting. I’ve been in your place .. When I was like,in middle school,and I regret it back then,when I was quitting because certain things,now I’m back on,it took me years! And ready to rock :D Just remember, do whatever that make you happy,as long you don’t hurt them. They are jealous,and might bring you down.

posted almost 5 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

For real, don’t quit Chictopia! If you feel this is the right thing for you and it makes you happy, just do it. It doesn’t matter your age or what others may say. It’s your life, so it’s you that matters!

posted almost 5 years ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

No! Don’t quit Chictopia! Chictopia has a wonderful and supportive community so there’s nothing you should feel self conscious about. I’ve seen very young bloggers upload to Chictopia and I admire them for being so fashionable at such an early age. There isn’t an age limit for being fashionable. Have you seen Alexander Wang’s niece ? Years from now people will look back and say “remember that girl? She’s always been so fashionable since she was very young. She’s so cool”.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
or login below
Username
Password