SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

Hi

Ive managed to really offend my dad , and i just didnt think before i spoke – he wont forgive me now? Should i just not speak for a while? Has anyone had some experience of really upsetting their parents?

What can i do – please help ,

thanks

posted over 3 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

If you had a fairly good relationship with your dad already, I don’t think you have to worry about it too much. Hes your dad, you probably love him and he you so just apologize and it will work out =)

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

If he has a temper or nurses grudges he may need some time to cool off, but like boredstephanie said, if you have a good relationship with him he won’t be angry forever.

It does help to apologize though, if the apology is sincere. Find a time you’re sure he’s paying attention, a quiet time when he’s alone and not stressed by other things. You could even write him a note. Then just say you’re sorry for upsetting him with what you said— and keep it simple. A lot of people have respect for those who can openly apologize with no excuses or "but"s and it will likely ease the tension faster.

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

a) time
b) actions
=
making it better again

posted over 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

when I was a kid, my father was not talked to me just because I asked a story book while we searched for my english book. I cried in front of the book racks and hug the book. it was so difficult for me to apologized because I felt did nothing wrong. but I tried to do that and then he forgived me. sometimes we must say something first because our parents (especially father) had an ego because they feel they are the parents. but actualy, of course, they love you so much and they don’t want you to be nothing or failed. :)

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION