Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

okay so i love heels, and i used to wear them to school because i basically think that the cutest shoes are always heels. but one time in 10th grade.. years ago, i went to school, and this girl was like omg you’er like a giant. i am 5’7 .. and i stopped wearing heels.. am i too tall to wear heels?

posted almost 4 years ago
MissMeggo
Style_council
MissMeggo

The only thing that makes you awkward in heels is if you don’t have the confidence to wear them. If you feel comfortable, you will look comfortable and thus attractive and great. Being called a “giant” isn’t a bad thing; it means you stand out. Now you just have to own it.

fashiondotty
Style_council
fashiondotty

I’m 5’7" too, and I used to feel like like I was too tall to wear heels. But who really cares what someone said in 10th grade? Who really cares what anyone thinks, apart from you? I don’t think there is a “too tall” for heels. I don’t think Karlie Kloss cares!

AgitaV
Style_council
AgitaV

ehh, sometimes I know how you feel. I’m 5’8 but I love heels too much not to wear them, so I just shut those silly thoughts off, put my amazingly beautiful heels on and feel fantasic ;)

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

i am only in 12th grade lol..

naunet
Style_council
naunet

Im also 5’7.(I do not consider myself tall actually) And I will rock my 3.9-5.1 inches heels when I feel like it! I don’t care if I might become taller than a lot of people.(I actually quite like noticing how short many men are when I put on a pair of heels haha. And I do love my men tall. So when going out Im always wearing heels, am I the only single woman who feels this way? hehe).
As AgitaV said – I want to wear my beautiful heels and feel great. I do not wear heels everyday though. But if Im going out – you’ll never find a pair of flats on my feet.

clashingstyle
Style_council
clashingstyle

SUP SAME HEIGHT LADIES! I’m also at 5’7! I wear 5 inch shoes a lot of the time, like today. It really makes no difference. Sure you’re taller walking around but no one really cares, seriously. They don’t. And if they say something it’s likely that they want your shoes or they’re extremely obnoxious and unkind (like most highschool kids are).
I’m in university btw. I’d say about 50% of the girls I see in class wear some sort of heel.
I agree with naunet!

Also! You’re in highschool = freedom for self-expression, especially fashion. I’d say give heels a try again. Wear ’em like you would any other shoe.

becalala
Style_council
becalala

I’m 5’11ish so I know how you feel. It’s hard finding nice heels because I can’t wear platforms, but there aren’t that many nice heels that are low.

You are definitely not too tall to wear heels though! You probably will get noticed more, but that’s a good thing, models are tall!

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

just wear low heels until you feel confident enough. i think you’ll look great it anything =)

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

haha i’m only 5’1" and i feel like a giant whenever i wear heels [[well, most of my friends/fam are around my hight so that’s probably why haha]] but after a while i like the hight and like that i can reach things that i usually wouldnt be able to. haha but really tho, you being 5’7" and wearing heels isn’t a big thing. you rock em girl and rock em hard ;]

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

thanks. this is helping. and yeah the low heels are never really that cute. but gah i wish i was 5’1.. i would definitly wear heels all the time

MarieMarieMarie
Style_council
MarieMarieMarie

You have to wear what you feel comfortable and cute in…and don’t let other people dictate what that is. Besides, maybe she didn’t mean it so much as an insult- maybe it just came out wrong and she actually meant it more like “you’re an amazon!”

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

haha thanks. maybe she did mean it in a different way.. never thought about that

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

all runways models are taller than you and they always wear heels! you just have to be comfortable with it!

commonsenseandstilet
Style_council
commonsensea...

Girl. Are you seriously going to let someone control what you wear? I think tall women that wear heels look elegant and/or fierce. I would love to be tall, I am only 5"1!

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

you guys make me feel better. i might start back. but i’ve always wanted to be shorter

shewantstoshine
Style_council
shewantstoshine

Girl, I know exactly how you feel! I used to feel the same way when I was younger. I’m 5’8" so I’m already pretty tall and most of my heels are 4 inches….so that would make me 6 feet tall with them on!!

You’re never too tall to wear heels. I absolutely love them and I could care less when people say I look like a “giant”, or even better, “Amazon woman.” Even when I dated a guy who was shorter than me I was like, “Listen, I’m not giving up my heels for anyone. So you better not mind me looking taller than you!” haha

Be proud of your height! Most people would love to be taller :)

VintageDreamer
Style_council
VintageDreamer

I know exactly how you feel, well probably worse, I am 5’10 :) And I love to rock a good pair of heels! If you got it flaunt it, everyone else wishes they were tall too!

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

you all are right. like i was talking to some people, and they are like I WISH I WAS TALL. and yeah guys are a big part of it. i do not want them to be like imtimidated by me

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I’m only 5’6" and I always feel too tall in heels. All my girl friends are so small and dainty!

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

same reybeltane :(. and letstrysomethingnew i like being noticed, but not for being really tall.

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

nope you are not, I am 5’6" so it’s close to you, and I wear them all the time, they make me taller then everyone else, but I like that + it’s my bussiness, you should care about the girl…

REPLY TO DISCUSSION