SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xo__dahling
Style_council
xo__dahling

is college all about just drinking? :/
i don’t drink a lot. in fact, i’d rather not.

and i know part of the ‘college tradition’ is to go through that step of partying,drinking, etc.
but really, i’ve been wondering…

is that all what most college kids are thinking about?
partying & drinking all the time?

i mean, i’m sure there’s more, and i’ve only been in college for one year.
but it just seems like everywhere i look, the people i see, the pictures, etc. all these drunken experiences. :X

so, i guess my question is what are your thoughts on college drinking?
a perfectly normal activity and necessary factor of college life?

posted about 5 years ago
1 2
littlepleasure
Style_council
littlepleasure

underage drinking is very popular in my country, it’s a part of growing up. it’s fun to break rules

posted over 4 years ago

anita_spaeth
Style_council
anita_spaeth

^^
wheres the like button!? haha

posted over 4 years ago

liannanguyen
Style_council
liannanguyen

Drinking to impress is stupid.

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I’m a residence adviser at my university, so I honestly live with this issue. Under-aged drinking is illegal (and has a fine if you’re caught in Canada) but I let it slide with my students when they’re not being obnoxious. Although I’ve walked into too many bathrooms with people throwing up and alone. It’s really not fun when I have to take care of an intoxicated stranger and then write them up after.

posted over 4 years ago

SouffleGirl
Style_council
SouffleGirl

It’s all about the crowd you hang out with in college. I’ve been raised in a bar and restaurant that my family owns and I’ve seen drunk college people my whole life. So I really didn’t want to end up like that, embarrassing. But there is a fair amount of college folk who drink in excess.

I think if I went to college outside of the city I grew up in, I might drink more often but not as much as you would see in movies or stereotypes. But I’ve always been more of the mothering type. I’ll go with my friends and I feel responsible for them being safe, so more than likely I’d feel like being their DD instead of drinking.

It’s not a necessity, but it will happen around you. And I say, if you do want to join in, go with a group you trust and at least one designated driver to be safe.

posted about 3 years ago

larnold20
Style_council
larnold20

drinking is a huge part of school although how evident it is depends on the size of the school and the activities you choose to take part in. probably one of the most sterotypical parts of college haha

posted almost 3 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

I love going out on a binge drink but don’t feel pressured into drinking, different strokes for different folks.

mykingdomforadress
Style_council
mykingdomfor...

I know lots of students that are all about partying, but their stupidity is not my burden :D I have the occasional Gin Tonic or Vodka Energy, but I don’t NEED to drink in order to have fun..

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Partying and drinking is not a big deal to me as long as you find a balance between the two. Going to college is about furthering your knowledge. Now that I look back on my freshmen first semester, I did do a lot of partying but I did even more studying and still managed to land a 3.2. This year I am trying something different. No parting and all studying. My parents said if I get into this program that pays for a full ride, they will get me a RANGE ROVER!!! YAY lol

1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION