Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

Maybe and hopefully about a year from now, ill be moving to Italy does anyone here have any idea of any job i can get that is in the field of fashion? I know fashion capital is up North and unfortunately ill be moving to central Italy if not Sicily and for one i speak basic Italian, so i prefer a job which i can speak English (although its not likely because Italian rarely speak English)

So, there. Do you have any suggestions of job i can take in Italy that is fashion related?

Thanks.

posted about 5 years ago
summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I lived in Italy for about four years, and Italians are actually pretty good English-speakers since there is a lot of tourism there, especially in the bigger cities. And it’s actually a good thing that you speak a little Italian because bilingual people tend to do better in bigger companies as opposed to people who speak only one language. I suggest you make a strong effort to learn more Italian because it’ll be much easier to get a job in Italy if you speak their language.

And although the fashion capital is up North, that doesn’t mean you can’t still find work in fashion. First of all, what kind of degrees do you have (if any)? And what type of job are you looking for exactly? There are numerous different careers in fashion, so narrowing your choices is definitely a first step to finding the job you want.

posted about 5 years ago

cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

I have a degree in communication arts, mainly media and tv. Im actually a host for events and i did a little bit of television. I thought if i cant do on-cam jobs, fashion is a field i want to pursue. I never really had any formal education with fashion but i’ve been having minor practices as a stylist and also i’m in an internship/volunteer program for Philippine Fashion Week.

I want to have a career in fashion maybe in some sort of magazine, events or something like that. Um, lets see something very Lauren Conrad from The Hills. hehe

;-)

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION