Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  brooke hoganpersonal stylezara
woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

Helloooooo!

One of my good friend is going through a hard time because she just started dating this guy and this guy wants her to dress more like Brooke Hogan (I laughed but he is serious!). She is pretty tall but also got some booty and boobs.
Her boyfriend thinks that showing the womanly shape would be the way to go. However, she dresses more like…Zara, Californian casual, simple, clean — sorry I am not the best at describing stuff…
When she came out to have lunch with me wearing an Ed Hardy T-shirt, I literally had a tiny heart attack. It’s because it’s sooooo unlike her.

For me, it’s kinda hard to wrap my head around this idea of changing your style because your significant other wants it…

What are your opinions?

posted over 5 years ago
1 2 ... 5 7
Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

Um I can understand if he wanted her to cover up a little bit but Ed Hardy? Really? what is this jersey shore? No, I wouldn’t do that. We would either come to a happy medium or none at all

posted about 1 year ago

MuhLissUh
Style_council
MuhLissUh

She needs to decide what’s right for her, of course, but it never seems like living for others makes people happy in the long run.

posted about 1 year ago

Princess12k
New_user Princess12k is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Princess12k reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Princess12k

Should stay true to yourself!

posted about 1 year ago

didnthavetoactfoul
Style_council
didnthavetoa...

i wouldn’t. i dont think choices as personal as what i wear should be changed by a significant other. say if there’s something they like to see on me i might wear it more often, but i would never completely remodel my style for someone else

posted about 1 year ago

PuckVR
Style_council
PuckVR

NO!!! I would not! Plus, I don’t really believe in significant others. ;) Although I must say I’d ask my ‘’significant other’’ to dress differently (or take a shower) when he looks unclean or shabby etc. Although I don’t think my ‘’significant other’’ would be an unclean or shabby person..!

posted about 1 year ago

K_J_O
New_user K_J_O is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When K_J_O reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
K_J_O

Style is an extensive part of one’s Personality or individuality. A person is familiar on a social origin or nature, through his sense of style , fashion and division. But i agree with this line that “Eat whatever you like but Wear that everyone like” So yes we have change our fashion or style to significant for other.

posted about 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I’m LOL-ing so hard right now. I have a friend who goes through this every time she dates a new guy. I think as a good friend you have the duty of reminding her what her true personal style is and why she was comfortable with her style in the first place. Then she can decide if she really wants to stick to her new style. Btw, someone who is wears Zara should not be taking fashion tips from a guy who thinks Brooke Hogan is a style icon.

(Honestly I don’t get guys. It’s like if you were really bothered by style to begin with, why even date me?? )

posted about 1 year ago
1 2 ... 5 7
REPLY TO DISCUSSION