SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

Hi lovelies :)

I work at a shoe store and two girls came in to shop.
They tried lots of pairs of shoes and then they’d ask each other how they look.
They were brutally honest to each other.
When trying grey boots, the other girl would be “Oh no, that makes your legs look like elephant legs”
When the other girl was trying a pair of heels, the friend commented “HAHA! Look at your calves. They are huge and look even more huge with those shoes.”

I mean, I appreciate honesty but I also appreciate niceness.
So when my friends ask my opinions, I generally try to be nice and talk about the cloth (“Oh that top is poorly made…” “That top is way too busy” etc) not on my friend’s body.
How about you?
Are you brutally honest or nicely honest?

posted over 5 years ago
1 2
bearheart
Style_council
bearheart

i try to brutally honest but i guess i don’t know how be honest without sounding like a t***.

posted about 5 years ago

colevi
Style_council
colevi

when it comes to appearances
I try to be as honest as possible

especially if it is while we are shopping. You gotta feel confident in something before you buy it. And I want my friends to be brutal at that stage

However, if I already own, I can take some niceness or maybe even a white lie

still like the honesty bit better

posted about 5 years ago

dorianbubbles
Style_council
dorianbubbles

I think I’m a bit in between brutal and nice. I kinda go for the balance depending on my friend because I’m an extremely blunt person. I tend to joke a lot too so whenever I feel that I’m being too blunt bordering meanness, I will mix it with a joke so that they will laugh and consider my opinion instead of getting offended. It works for me and my friends end up smiling and listening to the truth and nobody gets hurt.

posted about 5 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I’m pretty honest. I may not say “That makes you look fat” but I would say “That doesn’t fit you right”

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION