Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Madamecrimp
Style_council
Madamecrimp

I’m from the UK and never been across the atlantic, just wanted to know, from an inside point of view, what’s it like in the USA?

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
kuriku
Style_council
kuriku

Well I used to live in Finland and moved to Cali about 4 years ago. I have lived here before though so it’s not like I’m coming from a foreign point of view. I think it’s a real mixing pot here with a lot of subcultures and it’s best if you choose one you want to belong to (otherwise you’ll be an outsider everywhere). I picked asian since I’m mixed and it just means that I adopt a culture and estrange myself from the “caucasians” LOL

I think culturally if we just look at the “white americans” (the supposed norm) children/teens/young adults are more naive, they complain a lot, they believe they have rights but forget that there are a lot of laws in the US (more than in other countries) that work against their rights, they are very opinionated, have no clue about the rest of the world (for the most part they can’t even tell you where Australia is on the map), and they’re still dominated by their puritan roots. There’s a lot more religion here than there is in Finland (we’re mostly Lutheran there), and I dare say more racism? Perhaps not, maybe it’s the same everywhere.

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION