Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Hi! I am going to Japan in 3 weeks and am super excited. Its about a 12 hour flight and I have no clue what to wear on it. Any suggestions?

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
INOC_IS
Style_council
INOC_IS

It does not matter what class you are flying, wearing sweats, pajamas, or ill fitting clothing because you think it is comfortable are INAPPROPRIATE FOR AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT! No offense to those that love em’. Comfort in the friendly skies can also be fashionable. You never know who your going to meet and being FASHIONABLY FABULOUS is never a bad thing.

My suggestion would be to wear a dress. Dresses do not need to be uncomfortable. Find a nicely structured or shaped jersey or cotton dress. These fabrics are less likely to wrinkle and keep you looking fresh. These materials also stretch so nothing will we be tugged, pulled, or sucking you in.
You can adjust the look for whatever class you choose to fly in using layers and accessories. For instance, if you are traveling in business you can boyfriend blazer a dress up or go for a casual jacket travelling in coach.

As for foot wear you must remember that your feet tend to expand during a flight and may be slightly swollen at the end of the flight. It may be difficult to get around this discomfort and wear ELECTRIC shoes. I would suggest depending on the weather shoes that are open and/or give room for adjustment such as a nice sandle, slip on heel, or sling back heel. (Though I personally have a distaste for sling backs, if you find one thats fabulous more power to you!)

posted over 4 years ago

thewrotethewrit
Style_council
thewrotethewrit

I would wear leggings, a long baggy tee and a jacket. I’d put a hoodie in my hand luggage too because flights are freezing! have fun

posted over 4 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

U should wear something comfy:)

posted over 3 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

You should wear something extremely confortable and put a coat in your handbag because it might get cold in the airplane or airport.

posted over 3 years ago

maredight
Style_council
maredight

You should totally wear something comfortable. Especially shoes. Feet tend to get swollen during flights. Also make sure whatever you wear is comfortable enough for you to take a nap in.
Hope I helped!

posted over 3 years ago

pinklemonincrystal
Style_council
pinklemoninc...

if i have a neck pillow im comfortable in any outfit because most of the time i take off my shoes and wear my slippers lol

posted over 3 years ago

Bettibop
Style_council
Bettibop

the glamourai just had a post about this! http://www.theglamourai.com/2011/02/flight-suit.html I usually like something soft like sweat pants :P unless its a short flight then I’ll wear whatever I like!

posted over 3 years ago

Farmgirlwrites
Style_council
Farmgirlwrites

Something that’s comfortable (believe, me, those flights can get long), but still cute.

posted over 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I suggest you to wear sweater, jeans and boots. It’s extremely comfortable and casual plus chic for me, and I hope you too. sweater can make you feel warm when the air is cold, but you will never gettin’ hot when the sun is come :)

posted over 3 years ago

leilahkay
New_user leilahkay is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When leilahkay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
leilahkay

Classy looks are best. I went to the airport in skinnys, riding boots, and a basic tee with a long cardigan, and the airport security asked if I was a model. :) He was really sweet. haha

I feel comfortable in jeans, so I’m fine wearing jeans. You can never go wrong with jeans. :)

posted over 3 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

life jacket, parachute and oxygen mask

posted over 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i like to layer to stay warm. so short sleeve, cardigan, bring a coat. tights with soft shorts over them. comfy socks.

posted over 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

I always have that problem as well (>_<)
The last two times I was on a plane, less than 2 months ago, I wore a plain shirt and comfortable jeans but I felt uncomfortable, hot and bothered. =/ Maybe it was the plane company or maybe I needed to have worn a spaghetti strap top or something XD

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

If I will be going to a cold country, I will wear a comfortable sweater and jeans, then bring my coat and scarf together.

If to a hot country, just wear shorts and tee.

posted over 3 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

something comfy that’ll keep you warm 10,000ft up in the air and i suggest flats or any other kind of shoe that is easy to take off and probably doesnt require socks… not a lot of jewelry and not a lot of layers

posted over 3 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I’d say a breathable legging/jegging, a breathable nice t-shirt or tunic(easy to add or subtract layers on), and a comfortable flat. And a simplistic necklace or easy to take off and put in a purse bracelet.

I know I’d wear it, I don’t like being stuck in something uncomfortable for how many so hours.. in the air haha

posted over 3 years ago

love_soleil
Style_council
love_soleil

anything loose fitting because you want to be comfortable on the plane especially if it is a long flight. OH wear shoes that are easy to take off and put back on like flats.

i would suggest wearing leggings and a long tunic or a flowly dress. Just wear something simple since you have to go through security.

:)

posted over 3 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

thick leggings, a comfy long blouse, boots/uggs and leather jacket. my hair always pulled up for +comfort

posted over 3 years ago

federationxx
New_user federationxx is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When federationxx reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
federationxx

leggings are always good and a nice oversized knit with loose fitting blouse or tshirt. flats are best i think and don’t wear jewelry that will get annoying while you are stuck in the seat for so long! comfort is key but you want to look good too!

posted over 3 years ago

bridget77
Style_council
bridget77

my go-to outfit for flying is leggings, a thick cardigan with a stretchy belt, and a loose fitting tank or tee underneath (LAYERS!) flat knit boots are the most comfortable and also stylish as well.

posted over 3 years ago

LilSunShine
Style_council
LilSunShine

Definitely something you feel comfortable in!

posted over 3 years ago

aleez816
Style_council
aleez816

LEGGINGS. comfy and you can dress it up or down, depending on what your wear. also, oxfords/toms/converse are very comfortable, if you wanna dress up the leggings a bit, wear oxfords. and also bring a light blazer or a cardigan.

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION