Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mareford
Style_council
mareford

Does your significant other like/get your style or do they wish you would dress differently? I’m trying to develop my own sense of style and be a little unique in the way that I dress, but my husband just does not get it. He would prefer me to always wear jeans and a t-shirt. Not that he would ever tell me what to wear. I was just curious about everyone else.

posted almost 5 years ago
1 2
RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

my boyfriend likes the way i dress whether is casual with no makeup or more dressed up. he has told me alot of times when he really likes an outfit im wearing so when he likes it i WILL know about it lol he would never tell me how to dress. in fact i think it kind of influences him to dress a little better. he seems to want to dress a bit more fashionable for a guy but i guess didnt know how to so seeing me and asking me about some looks while walking through the mall it seems like hes starting to get the idea. he never dressed really bad to begin with but now that his interest in the way he dresses has gone up he looks even better :P

posted over 4 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

Most of the guys I am attracted to are the type who prefer comfort and simplicity combined with feminity in a girl’s style. So as long as what I wear seems natural to my body/personality, they are fine. One time I was experimenting with a new make-up look that didn’t bode well with me, and when I forgot to take it off, my then BF hinted that he didn’t like it. Basically, the pattern has been that as long as I’m happy with the way I look, so are they.

posted over 4 years ago

Amandapandazap
Style_council
Amandapandazap

I love this question!!!!

I think we’re all super into fashion and clothes, otherwise we wouldn’t be ON this website! That being said, I feel that more fashion-conscious women tend to be as free with how they dress as how they act or the things they say. I’ve been with my boyfriend for over a year now, and when my best girlfriends first met him, they knew he was great for me because I was acting exactly the same as I always do (kind of wacky and out there, but generally funny!) and always coming up with funky outfits for dates and nights out at his gigs (he’s a musician in a hip hop band).

While it sounds like some people’s SO’s tend to frown upon experimenting with new styles and different looks, it’s a bit unfair for that person to stifle any kind of fashion plunge—I certainly looked the other way when my guy got into marvel comic t shirts for a while, as well as allow myself to be constantly dragged into every thrift store with size 14 jordans in the window. It’s give and take, and as long as we’re women who care about the culture and utter femininity of fashion, we should be allowed to take whatever fashion risks we want and still be loved for who we are :0)

for the record: date night last night: my boyfriend’s x men t shirt was back. dun dun dunnnnnn!!!

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

My bf likes the way I dress becuase I’ve never been the super-uber-trendy person. He’ll look over my shoulder when I’m on fashion websites and see that the 90s and clogs are back in style and wonder why anyone would wear that!

posted over 4 years ago

tenoria
Style_council
tenoria

My boyfriend has a pretty particular sense of style of his own – bright and heavy on the American Apparel and Threadless (so essentially, hipster). My style is more varied than his, and I tend to live in black and white with a few pops of color, so when we clash on style, it’s that he wishes I were more loud and out there like he is. For the most part, we are respectful of each others’ style; I would feel uncomfortable and invasive directing what he wears too much, and vice versa. However, this is reflective of our general relationship dynamic, and we’re pretty easygoing and hands-off in general.

posted over 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

My boyfriend loves the way I dress because I don’t give a flying fudge-a-roo what others think as long as I think I look good. ^^

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION