Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

List 3 things that you really love about your town. Is there something a visitor MUST see or do while there?

posted over 2 years ago
Neffy
Style_council
Neffy

I’m from philly and I have to say for anyone that is visiting don’t do the tourist stuff! Don’t go take pictures with the rocky statue and then completely miss the art museum! I would say I love the areas of Rittenhouse square, Old City, Northern Liberties, and Fairmount. They have great shopping and wonderful cafes. Also Manayunk is great for restaurants and shopping. Also please avoid Pat’s and Gino’s, they are so overrated it’s not even funny plus since they make the cheesesteaks so fast they aren’t very tasty. If you have to get a cheesesteak, try Tony Luke’s

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I live in the bay area, and I honestly love it here. I used to pity people who never strayed more than like 30 miles from their hometown, but I myself might be that person. I go to school at a place that’s simultaneously a hippie landmark, and high-ranking educational institute—definitely a refreshing mix of cultures and ideas.
In terms of my actual hometown where I was raised, nada. Just your generic upper-middle class cookie-cutter downtown. But my house is like a 10 minutes walk from a beautiful, vast open space :). It’s actually ideal for me though—I could never live in a congested concrete city, but I could never live in the middle of nowhere either.

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

The sea

posted over 2 years ago

Terrafirma
Style_council
Terrafirma

Im from Detroit, ther is a lil outdoor cuisine cafe called La Petit Zinc, It is wonderful, fresh and light, like something out of europe, u can sit outdoors and sip a huge cup of tea and have a chocolate crepe! On the street behind it about two minutes walking distance is John K King, Detroits largest Three Story bookstore! If you do not read in there for at least two and a half hours and come out with at least three used books, and a couple of freebies YOU ARE NUTTY NUTS! it is a wonderland of history if you adore books!

posted over 2 years ago

Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

What I love: green chili, longboarding (I mainly watch), the weather.

There’s plenty to see, but haven’t explored too much.

posted over 2 years ago

camelie
New_user camelie is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When camelie reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
camelie

I’m going to school in Hamilton (Canada!), and I have to say that the three things I love about it are:
1) I’m always close to the lake (Lake Ontario)! I can literally walk to a lovely, empty beach from my apartment even though I’m in a city.

2) Nature! I can see huge, tree-covered hills pretty much everywhere I go. The city’s built around the lake so I’m always close to water. Tons of nature trails within the city. And I can see deer right next to my apartment building (literally), even though I live on a main street.

3) It feels like a small town. Even though Hamilton’s technically a city, there a very few high rise buildings downtown, or anywhere really. There are lots of small, old buildings, old houses, and even some cobblestone streets in some areas. It’s a very charming place.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION