Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

What Are Some Things You Would Do To Become More Social / Outgoing ?

posted over 1 year ago
Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

I would suggest starting slow by asking friends or family members to introduce you to someone new every once in a while just so you can practice talking to people. Remind yourself that most people are friendly, so don’t hold back from talking to a kind stranger. Don’t throw yourself into large social situations until you know you can be at ease with them.

posted over 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I talk to everybody,as long as they follow the conversation,thats a way to be less “shy”…so for new people you have new topics,also be updated about things that are relevant to the other person to make a good chat

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

I Love How You Both Are Always Giving Great Advice. But What I Mean Is Like I Want To Go Out More And Be Invited To Events. Im Not Shy At All. Thanks Girls Once Again.

posted over 1 year ago

HighHeelShoes
Style_council
HighHeelShoes

Hi there – what sort of events to you want to be invited to and what sort of people do you want to meet and why ?

posted over 1 year ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

I have a different outlook on this –
I am very picky about who I let into my life. Been hurt enough times, had too many insincere invitations to “go out sometime” etc.

You can tell pretty quick who is real or not and who is a good person and who isn’t. If someone seems genuinely good, associate with them. If it comes to be that they hang out with icky people, avoid the person.

There are introverts and extroverts. Extroverts thrive off social settings. Introverts (like me) can handle social settings only in small doses. Even after a fun day or friendly chat with someone I care about, I still need to be alone and “recharge”.

Not everyone is cut out for an intense social life. it is not a bad thing. If you have even one person you can really call a “friend” you are doing well. Quality over quantity. Besides that, if you are in a clique and piss off one of them, you could lose all those friends.

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

Well If Im Given The Chance To, I Would Like To Invited To Fashion Shows And Things Like That Or Just Parties People Are Having.

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

Thanks AnErin! I Always Keep That In Mind Im Just Like You.

posted over 1 year ago

StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

talk more and connect more, and keeping those connections

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

A good way to be invited to things is to actually go to events and just meet people. If you go to a party, you’ll already associate with people who like to go to parties or even throw parties.

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

Thanks Lindajudour. You’re Right.

posted over 1 year ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

I think you can also start to initiate plans (perhaps create a house gallery opening or start your own fashion show?) and I’m sure you will be more known to the social scene.

posted over 1 year ago

jwhoa
Style_council
jwhoa

I’m a really shy and awkward person, but I do better at parties because I feel obligated to socialize and talk to people. My friend gave me some great advice: “fake it till you make it.”

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

Thats A Great Idea, Thanks That Was Helpful.

posted over 1 year ago

twinntassticcness
Style_council
twinntasstic...

While in college it’s always a great idea to join clubs and organizations. When you join a club that interests you, you automatically know that the people who are in the club have the same interests as you. It’s a great way to make friends!

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

Thanks, In Fact I Am In Two Clubs. In The Fashion Related Theres Only Three People Including Myself. The Other One Is Volunteering Related And Theres Many Kids From Different Grades And Different Interests So Its Difficult. I Know How To Make I Just Want To Go Out A Lot More.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION