SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lalalaluvly
Style_council
lalalaluvly

Hi all!

New to Chictopia, but came here to ask for some solid advice and ideas about what to do with heavier legs. The thing is, I’ve noticed many of the girls here have beautiful long legs (or from what I’ve seen so far) and I’m not sure if I can pull of some of the things that they do—such as tights. Because…as my little sister has commented before, they highlight my thighs a little more, which makes it hard for me to wear skirts.

Also, I have short legs, and I can’t seem to find a length that will elongate my legs. Anything too short exposes my thick upper thighs, and makes them stubby anyway. Sorry about all the complaining, just making sure I’m thorough? haha

posted about 5 years ago
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

skirts that hit just above the knee- NEVER on it! – should work for you.

Also high heels that don’t have any ankle straps, because they visually cut yer leg in half.

And about the thick thighs question, black tights are slimming and it’s mostly about having confidence. Good luck!

posted about 5 years ago

carolove
Style_council
carolove

instead of short shorts go for ones just above the knee, slimming, for short legs you can wear them with heels to elongate your leg.

posted about 5 years ago

lalalaluvly
Style_council
lalalaluvly

Thanks guys! I will definately take these ideas into consideration. I never considered shorts right above the knee before, but I’m going to try all these out.

Thanks again!

posted about 5 years ago

krly
Style_council
krly

omg i have the same problema too
but its true about that straps on your ankle , eventhough i cant help wearing them =(
no good but yes confidence is the key=)

posted about 5 years ago

Rebekah_R
Style_council
Rebekah_R

Lifes too short to be hung up on a body part

I have been dancing since I was 2, having muscular thighs is just part of the job!

I wear dark tights, not lighter bright shades. but really anything! Short skirts, pencil skirts.. I rarely wear trousers! Enjoy wearing whatever you want..fashion has no limits..!

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 23272 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 23272 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’ve got this same problem, and I’d just like to add a question: do you girls with thick legs find it more flattering when the skirt ends in the MIDDLE of the knee, or when it ends above?

posted about 5 years ago

carolove
Style_council
carolove

I think its cuter when it ends just above the knee because it elongates your legs especially with heels on.

posted about 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I love how you say thick thighs that is a great way to word it. I have the same problem and the shorts just above the knee are a great one for me. And I try to wear heels as much as possible. As for the nude heels (Harleo), that is a great idea, just wondering why that actually helps?

posted about 5 years ago

carolove
Style_council
carolove

nude shoes make you legs seem longer since they go with the tone of you skin =)

posted about 5 years ago

talicious
Style_council
talicious

I agree with Carolove :)
Also try wearing very black tights and black shoes to elongate your legs.

Most of all, take the time to love yourself and your body.
Start telling yourself every day that you are beautiful and remember that in
some cultures and countries bigger thighs are considered extremely beautiful :)

i have bigger thighs than other girls and I still rock leggins,shorter skirts (with tights) and skinny jeans. It’s deffo all about confidence my dear ;)

posted about 5 years ago

Rummy
Style_council
Rummy

opaque tights and a pencil skirt that hits above the knee, flaunt your curvy legs! or shot skirts they always elongate your legs.

and like everyone says; CONFIDENCE! you are no doubt a gorgeous girl with beautiful legs and if you believe it everyone else will too.

posted about 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Great tips everyone :) Some tricks I have found are wearing really dark tights (coloured also works, such as navy, or dark purple), and matching coloured/black shoes… Short skirts that hit just below when your thigh starts to become thinner (so a bit below mid-thigh on me), and I try to avoid shorts.

Hope that helps!

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 37089 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 37089 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I have a similar issue. Opaque black (or dark brown/navy depending on the outfit) tights/leggings are really slimming because dark colours recede. They look best with similar coloured (rather than contrasting) shoes so as to create an illusion of continuity and long legs. Avoid patterned or bright/light coloured tights. Skirts that hit just above the knee or at the knee are flattering as well. Try to belt dresses or blouse/skirt combos at the waist to create an hourglass shape and extend the leg line.

I also agree with the girl who wrote above to wear shorts that end just above the knee – they’re called city shorts and can look really chic with a pair of kitten heels. Just make sure they aren’t too wide in the leg.

And as others have said, confidence is key! All the best. :)

posted about 5 years ago

supernerd811
Style_council
supernerd811

for taking pictures, try bending over to a 90 angle. it slims them up

posted about 5 years ago

mfay
Style_council
mfay

I really like the look of nicely tailored wide-leg trousers. Especially ones with a higher waist, because they make your legs look longer, and you can’t tell how much thinner your calves are than your thighs.

posted about 5 years ago

GoosieGoose
Style_council
GoosieGoose

In response to Harleo’s suggestion of nude shoes, I am just wondering if a pale gold or pale pink would work to. What do you guys think?

posted about 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

Another thing I have found to help with thick thighs is to find jeans with brighter stitching on the sides. Like True Religions, they have some dark washes with White stitching and they are a miracle jean for me.

posted almost 5 years ago

izycat123
Style_council
izycat123

i have the same problem..

dress wise:

-just wear clothes that fit. too many girls keep refusing to buy pants that fit, because they are trying to repress the fact that they do have larger areas. so get the right size. i can’t stress that enough. we don’t want any muffintops!
-wear black bottoms, they slim you down.
-if you have a small waist, then accentuate it with a belt!
-make your tops and necklaces bold, that way people look up rather than down.

exercise wise:

-run or jog. It really does help (coming from a person with the same issues).
-do leg exercises.
-drink water! even if youre not exercising, water flushes out toxins in the body. It will help even more so if you exercise, though.

good luck :]

posted almost 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION