SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  college datingonline dating
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

Besides frat parties and social clubs, are there good online dating sites out there? Is it worth trying online dating sites like Okcupid, Tinder, Date My School?

posted about 1 year ago
jackhsu978
Style_council
jackhsu978

I've used match.com and Okcupid. The match.com mobile app is pretty good. Okcupid is fun because there are lots of fun personality quizzes. I also like how Okcupid shows how responsponsive users are, giving you an idea how likely others are gonna reply to you.

posted about 1 year ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I had an Okcupid account before it became a dating site. Back then, it was just a bunch of people taking this dating profile test. The tests are a lot of fun to take with friends for self-discovery. I also have some friends who have used the Facebook app Grouper, which allows a trio of guys and girls to meet up and have an outing together. That seem to be also popular. I think sites like Match.com and eHarmony are for post college kids who are looking for more serious relationships. 

posted about 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I met my boyfriend on Ok Cupid but that was after I graduated....in college I usually met people at parties but I was never looking for someone to date long term so I guess it was different for me

posted about 1 year ago

istiulous17
New_user istiulous17 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When istiulous17 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
istiulous17

I'm looking for that one too ahahahahah

posted about 1 year ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

I've only used Tinder because it's simple, easy-to-use and really casual. I've met some really great guys through the app. Plus, I feel like there's not as much pressure - you can chat with someone really easily and if the two of you get along, then you can more forward and meet for a coffee date or something fun! On the flip side, if you lose interest (or they're creepy haha) you can just stop messaging. 

posted about 1 year ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I don't think you need to go the online dating route during college and this is coming from someone who met her husband on a dating site. College it is easier to meet people in classes, activities and friends. You are surrounded by people your age who aren't married. After college it becomes more difficult and if you still want to try online dating I would do it then. Don't forget to have fun! College can be the best years of your life.

posted about 1 year ago

AbbyAdesanya
Style_council
AbbyAdesanya

OkCupid is so much fun, honestly. But I think it's true that you should totally get out of your comfort zone in college and try and meet people at parties, in organizations, and even out at local bars near your school! However, once that's run dry ...definitely give those sites a shot.

I'm all for it because I've met some cool guys on there and you never know! A friend of mine is in a serious relationship with someone from Tinder. :)

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION