Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
littledaydreamer
New_user littledaydreamer is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When littledaydreamer reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
littledaydre...

Yay or nay? Do you like wearing real or faux?

posted over 3 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I’ve never been entirely sure. Part of me is like…no, don’t kill the animals for no reason except for their fur…then the other part of me is like…well a lot of the time with a lot of fur, and other animal hides as well, the rest of the animal goes to use. but then the realistic side of me sets in and says no…humans are filthy and wasteful. they probably just throw the rest out. Plus, it doesn’t matter if I don’t like it…90% of people who don’t like something just bitch about it and never do anything about it, and people are going to keep doing that thing despite what they say. So it’s a tough decision for me.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m no animal rights activist. Humans have thumbs for a reason, right? We’re at the top of the food chain. As long as the animal isn’t endangered or anywhere near threatened, why not use its fur? I think the Indians had it right, using the entire animal. Furs included

But faux fur IS CHEAPER :D so that’s what I wear. real fur is far more luxurious and touchable, but faux is within reach.

posted over 3 years ago

becalala
Style_council
becalala

I don’t like having an opinion on this really because I feel like I shouldn’t say “NO, it’s bad” because I eat meat.

I only wear it if it’s from a charity shop, that way the money goes to a good cause.

posted over 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

I do not wear fur. I love animals and I won’t wear fur! I do not buy leather too… I have two designer leather bags but they are a present from my aunt. And I don’t really wear them. I think wearing fur and leather is sick… :X

posted over 3 years ago

stephoncarson
Style_council
stephoncarson

YAY!! if it is second hand and you got it from somebody or if its vintage.

posted over 3 years ago

ohlivia
Style_council
ohlivia

I only wear fur that is vintage. If it’s under 50yrs old I won’t touch it. But we have a box of my great-great grandmother’s furs in the basement and I use them sometimes, and I have a fur hat. But all my other “fur” is fake.

posted over 3 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

Ditto becalala. Buy real fur secondhand, then it’s all win.

posted over 3 years ago

sgshields
Style_council
sgshields

I love real fur. I think fake fur is just silly. Fur has always been a symbol of wealth, luxury and excess because not everyone can afford real fur. To me, fake fur has always and will connote trashiness. It’s like using a fake designer handbag.

posted over 3 years ago

IamnotJessica
Style_council
IamnotJessica

I think these days you can buy really good quality faux fur. I think we’ve passed our caveman days so don’t need fur anymore. It’s a luxury to have it. I try to stay away from real leather and animal products but I must admit my grandmothers old fur coats are very impressive – not that I would wear them.

As much as I don’t like fur it’s not going to stop people wearing it since it is just so beautiful. I’d suggest what Ohlivia posted above, to only wear vintage fur. It’s stops the demand to kill more animals and uses up resources you already have.

posted over 3 years ago

lizzieluwho
Style_council
lizzieluwho

I’m a vegetarian, so I will only go with faux!

posted over 3 years ago

ReginaDiCuori
Style_council
ReginaDiCuori

the real is most beautiful, but i prefer to wear the faux !!

posted over 3 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I’ve never bought fur and I doubt I ever will. I do possess a mink that belonged to my grandmother, however.

posted over 3 years ago

soupsoua
New_user soupsoua is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When soupsoua reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
soupsoua

I’m not a fan of fur… I don’t think I can pull it off. :( And definitely no to real fur…

posted over 3 years ago

ilovemesomejess
Style_council
ilovemesomejess

it’s cute on others,which i stay in louisiana so it doesn’t get cold like that to wear an actual piece of fur clothing =)

posted over 3 years ago

aleez816
Style_council
aleez816

It’s VERY VERY chic and sophisticated, but..no matter how much I like it…no. I’d stick to faux [not the cheap faux though, I’d buy one that looks LEGIT REAL] if the fur was bought in a thrift store though, and it was real,i wouldn’t mind.

posted over 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I don’t wear real fur, I think its wrong to raise animals in horrible conditions and kill them just for decoration. Leather is kind of different for me because they actually use the meat as well. I don’t really buy real leather stuff that much either though. Real fur as a symbol of wealth is no longer true to me, I think designer brands symbolize wealth nowadays.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION