Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Lilibee
Style_council
Lilibee

Ok, so there always seems to be ‘that group’ of people that think they dress so fashionably, but they all wear the same stuff. They are ususally bitchy clones like the plastics from ‘Mean Girls’. Did anyone else have them at school? I did and it was a nightmare.
Here at chictopia, I love being able to wear what I want knowing that you dear people would apprieciate me for my fashion efforts, so hurrah! x x x x

posted over 5 years ago
1 2 4
MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

X’D

This just confirms I do live on the other side of the world from most ppl here.
Basically this sort of conversation never even sees the light of day where I live.

posted about 3 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

What’s a barf?

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Every school has those girls who thing they are the best thing since wonder bread lol but I know where your coming from. I remember my senior year of high school and in my english class there was the sweetest girl who would always compliment me on my style. When it came time to do the voting thing for the yearbook like best hair and best eyes and stuff like that she said she had told all her friends to vote for me and I thought that was so nice of her. Results were in and I didnt win but it wasnt a big deal because I could careless. When I went to english class after hearing who had won the sweet girl had said she couldnt understand why this one girl had won because every time she saw her she had on sweats or sneakers or scrubs(but she was not a nurse lol). And I just explained to her that I personally believe those things were a popular contest it was never really about who was the best dressed

posted about 3 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

Ya, they all wear cheerleading sweatshirts, super bedazzled bootcut jeans and these cowboys boots called Romeo’s. They all wear, act and look the same and have no personality what so ever. They think they look so hot and think it’s weird if you wear a dress or you don’t wear Romeo’s but personally, I wouldn’t want to be like them.

posted about 3 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

i definitely experienced this in high school, however in university it’s not the case. the girls in my high school who were like that didn’t associate with other people so everyone else was fine. they just made very big statements with their designer everything that made other girls who couldn’t afford it inferior.

posted about 3 years ago

commaoctothorpe
Style_council
commaoctothorpe

Yeah, it definitely changes in college. At least at my school, people thought it was pretty awesome if you showed your individual style. And, in the working world, your style is so limited, that everyone is always looking for ways to be unique in their office wear.

posted about 3 years ago

PenelopeRosa
New_user PenelopeRosa is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When PenelopeRosa reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PenelopeRosa

That is the exact defintion of my school. There’s two groups, One’s huge, one’s small. The wanna be emo’s /scenesters (small group) and The bitchy Abercrombie zombies.Then theres me. I used to be one of those wanna be’s now all I do it wear what I like. I love and pratically breathe vintage, because In a lot of cases it fits me well and is appealing to my eyes. I’m not saying I’m any special than those bitches. But at least I have the guts to do what everyone should do best. Be themselves perhaps? I’m still working on my style, I’m only 13 afterall.. But still I have an ounce more style than sheep skin furballs.

posted about 3 years ago

PenelopeRosa
New_user PenelopeRosa is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When PenelopeRosa reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PenelopeRosa

That is the exact defintion of my school. There’s two groups, One’s huge, one’s small. The wanna be emo’s /scenesters (small group) and The bitchy Abercrombie zombies.Then theres me. I used to be one of those wanna be’s now all I do it wear what I like. I love and pratically breathe vintage, because In a lot of cases it fits me well and is appealing to my eyes. I’m not saying I’m any special than those bitches. But at least I have the guts to do what everyone should do best. Be themselves perhaps? I’m still working on my style, I’m only 13 afterall.. But still I have an ounce more style than sheep skin furballs.

posted about 3 years ago

larnold20
Style_council
larnold20

no one controls fashion at my school. everyone pretty much dresses the same but thats kinda expected at a small northern private college ha. jcrew and lilly pulitzer. obvi uggs and north faces. everybody hates on them but seriously, they’re comfortable and warm soo maybe people shouldn’t be so snotty about things…

posted about 3 years ago
1 2 4
REPLY TO DISCUSSION