Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
PurpleHaze
Style_council
PurpleHaze

Oh, yeah. I know what you mean! My physics teacher is so so horrible. Firstly she wears the most ugly and strange things. She looks a bit like dwarf. And she comes to school with slippers with a cow on them. And she just doesn’t know how to teach. She’s writing on the board, and then she stops , looks at the class and asks “is this correct? I think I’m lost”. I hate her, and so does she. She always gets mad at me because I sleep during her class, or I talk to some one. But I think it’s unfair considering that every one is screaming, shouting and throwing things all over the classroom. But whatever… It’s only this year because I’m stopping physics next year!

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

When I was studying there was just one teatcher that I couldn`t deal with. But about the rest, I had always good grades so every other teacher liked me so it was easy.

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Like kkkeiOK I think it’s a bit catty to want to “smack in the face” someone just because they don’t dress well. Dress code violations are one thing, but just dressing oddly . . . As long as they still teach well, it doesn’t really matter. An if they’re a bad teacher, they’re a bad teacher regardless of how they dress.

Like many of the comments above, I’ve had a lot of teachers who just didn’t teach. Some were intelligent people but just didn’t know how to explain the material in a way anyone could understand. We were supposed to just “know” or something, like they did. And one was . . . I don’t even know. Insane, maybe. In his health classes we didn’t learn a thing about drugs, alcohol, sex, nutrition, fitness, or anything else we were supposed to. We spent the entire class writing down and being tested on random inspirational quotes he made up himself.

There were also a couple of teachers who were judgmental about students’ abilities. One of them laughed in my friend’s face when she said she wanted to go to veterinary school. She still deals with insecurity over that. On the other hand, I also encountered teachers who punished me extra when I did something wrong because I was in the gifted class and was therefore “smarter and should know better.” But nothing about giftedness means you’re any better behaved than normal! It’s a total myth.

And finally there was the substitute teacher who made a student describe a sexual encounter he had had to the entire class. We were all only in middle school, and none of us knew how to react because this was authority and we were supposed to behave ourselves and do what he said. It was really sick, and I’d like to do a lot more to that guy than just smack him in the face.

I think it’s important for teachers to dress professionally and show pride in their appearance, but I’ll take a competent and kind teacher in an adult-sized ABC-printed jumper or a blazer, track pants, and crocs (yeah, had one of those, lol) over a well-dressed idiot— or criminal!— any day!

posted over 3 years ago

notwithoutincident
Style_council
notwithoutin...

I had a terrifying ignorant history teacher when I was in high school. All the knowledge she had on any topic she taught came from the textbook — she never bothered to give us any sort of deeper understanding but felt that all she had to do was make sure that we passed the class, no matter now easy she had to make the content.

Two incidents stand out for me.

By the time I had her, she’d already taught US history for 18 years, and claimed to know it like the back of her hand. Someone asked her which president was on the dime. She couldn’t answer.

We were discussing current affairs, and one student asked her about the difference between liberalism and conservatism. (To put her answer in context, I attended a Mississippi high school.) She said, and I quote, “Conservatives tend to think before they act. Whereas liberals will simply throw money at any charity that asks for it, conservatives will actually do the research and come to an informed decision about the charity in question.”

Hence, I would like to smack this teacher in the face.

nwi

posted over 3 years ago

laurel77
Style_council
laurel77

Wow, I have this really annoying teacher for precal and it’s kind of weird cuz i actually like math (a little nerdy, i know) Anyways, this teacher is just so rude and insulting and i really wish i had a different teacher, ANYONE. But hey, after this year I never ever have to see him again so i guess i can deal for now.

posted over 3 years ago

souuups
Style_council
souuups

Those teachers that shouldn’t be called teachers, instead baby sitters

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION