SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fayet
Style_council
fayet

What are peoples opinions of them?

I really want a swallow tattoo done on my ribs beneath my bra strap and the pain is really putting me off just the cost and the fact my mother won’t allow me to get one :)

so if you do have one what is, where is it, how much did it hurt and how much was it ?

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
LeoSamChic1
Style_council
LeoSamChic1

If you’re wanting a sleeve and you dont have any right now, you should definatly just go with a small one for now, they can be very distracting if you’re not used to having them.Plus, that is a large and very expensive tattoo, you may not want it the years to come, i mean, think about being an 80 year old, and having a sleeve. Its a big step in life, and should be taken slowly.Trust me on this one.
Try getting a facial peircing instead if you want to make a statement, its far more forgiving than a huge tattoo.
And who knows, maybe you realy will be ready for a sleeve. Just please take it slow, im speaking from experience on this one.
What did you want for a tattoo? I design tattoos in my business :)
Im currently designing a mucha graffiti one for my back shoulder.

posted over 3 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I’m way to scared of needles to ever get one. I pass out or throw up if I have to get a shot! you guys are braver than I am.

posted over 3 years ago

SkinnyStyle
Style_council
SkinnyStyle

i think 1) Tattoos, like anything really, show who you are. So if your like in a moody mood, someones gonna be like, “Why do u have a skull on your shoulder blade? or like wow, did you really need a heart&arrow on your left ankle?” its like…idk. Tattoos in my op, give a bad impression. Even workwise.

2) i dont really think it respects the body. you can’t get the tattoo off, only surgery is an option that isn’t very popular.
idk…ppl these days want to be so “standing out” that they really make a bad rep.

posted over 3 years ago

cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

i’ve thought about it. however, i’m afraid of the pain…i also haven’t really gotten a design yet. actually, i think the fun part is designing the tattoo. not sure if i would actually get one on my body. if i did, it would be relatively small and in a place that could easily be covered up. it would have to be something meaningful too.

posted over 3 years ago

kayemoniquesgonzales
Style_council
kayemoniques...

Having a tattoo nowadays is already a trend and need not to be scared of those who has. I recently had a star trail on my back and a lot of my friends and loved ones said it’s a stellar proof that anyone can withstand the pain associated w/ it. It should represent you and your life. :)

posted over 3 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

When I was in high school, I thought tattoos were cool and I got a henna of the exact design I wanted. I got sick of the fake one REAL quick. Now, at 25, I think they look trashy on women my age. It really does ruin a beautiful body.

posted over 3 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

i am always thinking about getting one for myself.
due to my conservative upbringing my parents will flip if i really do get one
so i will probbaly get one in secret hahaha somewhere that they cant see

posted over 3 years ago

UilRamone
Style_council
UilRamone

i’m planning to get one, but still confused actually.

posted over 3 years ago

Lauralai
Style_council
Lauralai

I have a small one that I got on an impulse when I was 17 and think it’s lame. I am considering covering it with something more meaningful now (it’s on my ribcage) – some sort of quote. If you go for a full sleeve or something you have to really commit to it. It will change your “image” and you have to be sure that it is something that will suit you forever.

posted over 3 years ago

TohruLee
Style_council
TohruLee

I have a tattoo – when I was about 16 I drew a symbol on my hand, every day, and decided if I was still drawing it, and it still meant the same thing to me in two years – I would get it as a tattoo. Which it did, so I did – It is on my shoulder blade, so a lot of people don’t even know I have it, if I wear t-shirts, or high backed tops. But I digress -

My point is I really like tattoos – if they have some sort of personal meaning to them – as opposed to something that you think is cute or funny on a whim.
I think that also goes for the positioning of the tattoo as well (I have a great aunt who was a self-proclaimed “wild child” and she has tattoos on her hands and breasts and now they look…well…let’s go with unappealing. hehe)

posted over 3 years ago

maanbee
Style_council
maanbee

I’m to fickle to decide on getting something that would be on my body for the rest of my life. LOL. But portrait tattoos do fascinate me. Such gorgeous works of art. :)

posted over 3 years ago

velvetdesire
Style_council
velvetdesire

i currently have two. i have a chinese symbol on my lower abdomen and a rose on my ankle. i want that starts from the side of my ribcage and ends on my back that says “love conquers all” in script BUT im scared its gonna hurt like a b_tch so .. wish me luck =(

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION