Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
museworthy
Style_council
museworthy

It’s probably way too early some of you be thinking about it, but I need some chictopian advice.

I had my gallbladdar removed at the beginning of this month and although it wasn’t a major surgery, it left three very hideous scars on my stomach. I’m going to vacay soon and bikinis (or some sort of swimwear) is a must! The scars don’t look that bad, though. They look more like two cigarette burns and a small slit. They are actually still healing so I guess you can’t consider them scars just yet, but by the time I go, I’m sure they will be. I have a fairly average body so I don’t normally cover up.

What should I do? Should I disregard the look of the scars? Cover them up? What would you do? Tankinis? Bikinis? One-piece? T-shirt?

Let me know, thanks!

posted about 6 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I wouldn’t worry about them too much at all! honestly, by the time you get to summer, they may be fairly healed by then! And if they aren’t, who’s gonna notice? If you look cute, most other people are going to disregard them too! But if you do feel self-concious but you still want to look hot, go for a monokini, if youve seen them. They’re like a bikini, with a lil panel in the front. :) Sorry if you already know what that is, though, i know some people don’t.

posted about 6 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I have a couple small scars from an appendix operation when I was 14 and, honestly, I just ignore their existence. I’m not ashamed of them— I mean, why would I be ashamed to have had a surgery that gave me health and technically saved my life? (It burst before they actually removed it, which could have killed me!). Plus now that they’re scars they’re so small people don’t even notice them unless I point them out; for all people can tell they are just a minor white blemish on my skin. But even if they could— it’s just a reason to share the story and be thankful I’m healthy enough to be hanging out on the beach/by the pool with them!

When I buy swimsuits, I think about the usual stuff like flattering my shape and coloring. I don’t even think about my scars.

It’s all about your comfort, though. If you would prefer to cover them up, at least for this first summer while you are getting used to them, look for a one-piece, long tankini, or a monokini like chicchica_bonita suggested. (There have been a lot of cute one-piece and monokini styles being sold the past few years— I got a cute retro one-piece last year just because I thought it was cute!). But if you want to wear a bikini, by all means wear a bikini!

posted about 6 years ago

asiianhoniie
Style_council
asiianhoniie

i dont think it matter. its your body. no matter what kind of scarf you have, you shouldnt be ashame to show them.. if you wana wear whatever type of swimwear, go for it!!! have a great vacayyy!!!!!!

posted about 6 years ago

xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

don’t worry about them! are you putting anything on it to help fade the scars? (vitamin e, mederma, etc?)

if you like bikinis, wear bikinis! you’re young and have no reason not to =)

just make sure you always put really good sunscreen (HIGH SPF) on the scars, so that the fragile skin is protected and can heal better. you don’t want them to get creepy coloring from being bothered in the sun when they’re fresh

posted about 6 years ago

museworthy
Style_council
museworthy

MurasakiNeko thank you baby girl. How inspiring, that’s what the doctors thought happened to me too. Glad to see you’re alive and well(: chicchica_bonita Sounds like cutestuff, I’ll try it. asiianhoniie xvavavava you guys are awesome, i think I’m just a tad self-concious because the scars are so new and I haven’t vacayed in forever. Haa you know I need this. (:

posted about 6 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

how was ur vacation btw?

posted over 3 years ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

please don’t bump old threads especially if the topic is not related to the forum. Thanks!

posted over 3 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

you shouldn’t care what others think, wear a normal swimwear and have fun, girl!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION