Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
auuudriana
Style_council
auuudriana

Help! I’ve never had a boyfriend but there is a guy who likes me (whom I also got with once like two years ago) and I like him. However, I have no clue what to talk about with him as I don’t really have guy friends. Haha.

posted almost 4 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

music….video games….be crazy and random…movies you’ve seen recently…bring up some of your own interests, you might have something in common! Almost all of my friends are guys, and whenever I wanna talk about something or make a new guy friend, i just comment on the music they listen to. I’m great friends with all the guys at work cuz i can talk about the bands or tv shows they like.

If he’s into sports, go out and have him teach you how to play if you don’t already know how, and that experience in itself will give you stuff to talk about

kayl
Style_council
kayl

try and find something you guys have in common, if nothing really comes up its always good to go for music or movies. usually things just come up and if the guy is good at talking (haha) then it shouldn’t be too hard to keep the conversation going.

just be sure to not make anything up or be someone you’re not. everyone appreciates someone who is real and down to earth.

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I agree with kayl that you should look for things you have in common. There are no “hard and fast” topics that will work with every guy, since they’re all just as different as girls. And trying to talk about “guy topics” can sometimes make you sound like you’re trying to hard.

Just talk about things you’re interested in that he probably has something to say about, too. Music, movies, TV shows, video games, and books are good fail-safe starters. Sports, too, especially if you have a specific sport you watch or team you support— or a sport you play. When we first met, my boyfriend and I talked about silly YouTube videos we liked and shared them with each other on his phone. If all else fails, ask him questions!

As you talk, you should start finding more and more common ground and conversation will be easier.

auuudriana
Style_council
auuudriana

Thanks, loves!

FabricatedFashion
Style_council
FabricatedFa...

Most all my friends are guys, so I like to think I know this topic pretty well.

It is true to talk about things you have in common, but I think it is more important to do things you together so that you have events in common.

Lets say you both love the same type of music…awesome! Introduce him to a band you think he will love, or go to a concert together.

Have a picnic at the park, but be sure to bring an activity (Frisbee, bocce ball, ect). This will ensure that you have something to fill in those awkward silences.

Hope this helps and good luck!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Sports is always a good start, most guys love to talk about sports (and it helps if you support different teams as some witty sporting banter and play arguments are good). Asking about his hobbies and general interests is good to and the conversation can lead on from there.

The best thing to do though while getting to know a guy is go somewhere where you can do an activity that lets you compete against each other, I find that these kinds of activities are so much easier than going for dinner/drinks or to the cinema as the competition gets you hyped up and talking and keeps things lighthearted at first so you don’t have to think of many subjects of conversation straight away.

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

boys like girls who aren’t afraid to let their gaurds down. talk about things that are funny or interesting to you, don’t just try and be perfect. don’t learn all about sports if you don’t like them just to impress a boy. But show some interest in what he’s talking about if you’ve got it, you know? maybe try and do somethign he really likes with him. try and play videogames with him maybe! it’s so much fun.

my guy roommate was saying that they should have a “Mantopia” by the way where guys post pictures of themselves doing macho things and then they could get “manpoints” that led up to redeemign things like sports equiptment, videogames or computer parts. lol

cem90
Style_council
cem90

Once you reach a certain age, it doesn’t matter what gender you’re talking to. Just start with small talk, just like you would a girl you’ve never met.
And then follow everyone else’s advice.

fayet
Style_council
fayet

I agree with cern90, just talk about stuff start off with what others have said with stuff you have in common and you will probably end up talking about some strange topic that neither of you expected to come up :)

Oh and do not lie about something even if its just a small thing like don’t say you like the same band/music as he does when you have never listened to it before :)

And be yourself :)

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

yes, be yourself and find things in common

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

My brother always gets annoyed when I talk about clothes, hair, make-up, etc. If it does come up, try to make it quick unless he truly seems interested.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION